Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Solitaire wrote: »
    Are you sure Buttany? I'd test it myself but the installation instructions cause physical pain simply looking at them (much less trying to decipher them) and I don't think it works with MCPatcher anyway :/

EDIT: Just tried it in SSP with MCPatcher using both the mod itself and the PlayerAPI. Game works fine with no errors but SmartMoving doesn't work in any way, shape or form.

Just had a look and it seems it can be installed serverside, Meaning everyone can benefit from it... Can we get it Dec? :D

Are you sure Buttany? I'd test it myself but the installation instructions cause physical pain simply looking at them (much less trying to decipher them) and I don't think it works with MCPatcher anyway :/

EDIT: Just tried it in SSP with MCPatcher using both the mod itself and the PlayerAPI. Game works fine with no errors but SmartMoving doesn't work in any way, shape or form.

It does work, I tried it on the previous map:P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Weird how it works in SMP off just a clientside install... f***ing love SM :D

Anyhow, how do you look at the dynmap? Do you need a special program or browser addon or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Weird how it works in SMP off just a clientside install... f***ing love SM :D

Anyhow, how do you look at the dynmap? Do you need a special program or browser addon or something? :confused:

Just use http://78.137.161.116:8123/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Does anyone have the first Boards.ie map? Would love to have it.

The very very VERY first one?

I may have it somewhere. Will keep you updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

The very very VERY first one?

I may have it somewhere. Will keep you updated :)

The one where DeVoRe had moria and stuff. Cherrytown etc. It was my favourite map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The one where DeVoRe had moria and stuff. Cherrytown etc. It was my favourite map.

It would be cool to see it ( i didn't join until the last one :( )

I'd say only half the items/blocks were available back then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Kenno90 wrote: »
    It would be cool to see it ( i didn't join until the last one :( )

I'd say only half the items/blocks were available back then

Yeah, It was in the early beta stages so there wasn't pistons, stone bricks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yeah, It was in the early beta stages so there wasn't pistons, stone bricks etc.

When fire was deadly and zombies dropped feathers :D

BX 19 wrote: »
    When fire was deadly and zombies dropped feathers :D

Oh the nostalgia :p

I remember using wood on fire as a constant source of light

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Man the first map was the best indeed.

A lot more players and much more was built/done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

I notice creepers have been de-fanged in the new map.

Morbert wrote: »
    I notice creepers have been de-fanged in the new map.

I think their damage has been disabled but get close enough and they'll show you their fangs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

So what's the story with rules? Is griefing permitted outside the safezone? (Say, for example, the structure on the island at 1310,-1709). I have no interest in griefing, but wondering if it is encouraged or not. The map makes structures very vulnerable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Morbert wrote: »
    So what's the story with rules? Is griefing permitted outside the safezone? (Say, for example, the structure on the island at 1310,-1709). I have no interest in griefing, but wondering if it is encouraged or not. The map makes structures very vulnerable.

No griefing, we have logblock to check if any damage is spotted. If a building is locked with lockette you are not allowed break into it.

PvP outside of safezones is allowed, and encouraged however.

Okay... there are currently 3 normal (11x11) and 4 small (9x11) plots at spawn that are not yet reserved, if anyone wants to live in the town centre. Oh and don't forget about the plot you reserved there Rach :p

Where will the dock be built though? There's a tiny one already behind Moonraker's gaff but I doubt that's the one people were talking about building...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And mining spiders gave you 5 bucks :P

I'm at work til Friday so won't be able to have a look til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Okay... there are currently 3 normal (11x11) and 4 small (9x11) plots at spawn that are not yet reserved, if anyone wants to live in the town centre. Oh and don't forget about the plot you reserved there Rach :p

Where will the dock be built though? There's a tiny one already behind Moonraker's gaff but I doubt that's the one people were talking about building...

I think it should be in a bay near spawn, with a big harbour wall and decorative tall ships. It should also have 2x2 spots for us to park boats in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was nice to be back, the age old issue of Minecraft sucking away my evening and not getting to bed till 1 am cause I wanted to finish the house I was building :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

That was a great map :)

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    That was a great map :)

Yh, remember how you initially weren't going to play on it? :)

• Advertisement

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Yh, remember how you initially weren't going to play on it? :)

That was the period of "choose your side" :P

I choose wrong... initially.

Boards.ie Teamspeak is back up yaay

The IP is eurots1.gameservers.com:9107
    No password.

Unfortunatly, do many people actually use it now?

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly, do many people actually use it now?

Not with that attitude :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Planning on building a lighthouse on one (or both) of the small islands out in the sea (either 930 X -1870 or -82 X -2000) just cause :)

Just don't build it out of netherrack as well :eek:

Shiminay wrote: »
    Planning on building a lighthouse on one (or both) of the small islands out in the sea (either 930 X -1870 or -82 X -2000) just cause :)

The full works? with moving lights ... ? :cool:

Shiminay wrote: »

I put one up at 1190, -2545 as well :)

If you would like to set up a town PM me when I'm online. Town owners can:

Turn off PvP in the town.
    Only allow citizens of that town to build.
    Turn off Creeper and Enderman damage in the town.
    Set a greeting and farewell message for the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    The full works? with moving lights ... ? :cool:

Obviously you missed out on the awesome one Dec built a few maps back in a secret MnC base :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement