Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Choice of clothes in this unusually warm weather

Options
  • 31-10-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you are wearing in this mild weather. Last weekend on my spins I was a little cold with a long sleeve winter baselayer and cycling jersey and buff for my neck. Tomorrow I was thinking of going with a light sleeveless base layer and winter long sleeve jersey but no buff, Any advice as to what should be worn to feel comfortable and not too hot or cold. Oh I forgot to mention I will be wearing long finger gloves aswell and leg warmers under my bib shorts,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Today I cycled to work in a T Shirt, tomorrow its meant to be a good bit colder, in the last week heading to work the temp has varied from 3C to 18C at @8am it is for sure unseasonably warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

normal service to resume on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

billyhead wrote: »
    Just wondering what you are wearing in this mild weather. Last weekend on my spins I was a little cold with a long sleeve winter baselayer and cycling jersey and buff for my neck. Tomorrow I was thinking of going with a light sleeveless base layer and winter long sleeve jersey but no buff, And advice as to what should be worn to feel comfortable and not too hot or cold. Oh I forgot to mention I will be wearing long finger gloves aswell and leg warmers under my bib tights,
    For me short sleeve jersey, base layer, bib shorts and arm warmers are sufficient. Arm warmers have the flexibility of being removeable if it heats up.

IMO, it's way too mild for knee warmers never mind leg warmers and the thoughts of a neck buff would make me feel ill. I like to have a bit of air flowing around the neck area even if it's minus 5.

I bring a pair of light gloves in the jersey pocket and use them if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was out yesterday afternoon with bib shorts and long sleeve Jersey (windstopper front section) and no gloves and had to zip the Jersey down to my stomach to keep cool. It was silly warm for this time of year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Was out today wearing bib shorts , base layer, short sleeve jersey and arm warmers , I did a hilly enough route and had to stop at the top of the first climb to take base layer and arm warmers off , felt much more comfortable for the remainder of the spin , tomorrow us due to be around 9 degrees so ill prob wear the base layer again and arm warmers again and remove if necessary.

• Advertisement

I take it day by day hour by hour..... temps are very different between 8 am and 5 pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I overheat pretty quick so im shorts and a short sleeve cycling top pretty much every day, very rarely will i wear a long sleeve top and even then i normally have it rolled up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

At the moment I am in my winter gear as I only really have 2.5 sets of clothes.

Summer (warm weather)
    Cycle shorts
    Technical Tshirt
    Light MTB gloves (sometimes)

Spring Autum (mind weather)
    Cycle shorts
    Technical Tshirt
    Long sleve running "jumper"
    Light MTB gloves or medium thermal gloves
    Buff neck warmer (medium thermal)

Winter (cold weather)
    Long insulated bib
    Technical Tshirt
    Long sleve running "jumper"
    High viz cycling wind/rain proof coat
    Buff neck warmer (medium thermal)
    Sealskins thermal gloves
    Sealskins waterproof socks (oh so warm)

At the moment I am wearing my winter gear minus the gloves/socks and I am bloody warm. The weather is so arseways I haven't a clue what I will need. The unusually warm days I find myself putting my jacket away. Someitmes I wished I took my shorts too, but I don't know what time I will be leaving work at so it could be incredibly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Decided against the base layer today , so ended up wearing , short sleeve jersey , arm warmers , short finger gloves and bibshorts , was perfect , I'd say it'll be the same for tomorrow .

Advertisement