Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 22nd May 2015

• 22-05-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭

So, I'm on an IT support call, so I figure I'll put these four hours to use by starting up the old thread.

Ricky Hatton is on. I remember a friend of mine saying to me years ago to watch out for this new hotshot fighter, Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton. Gonna be big, he said. I'll watch out for him, I said.

Of course, I never did, because boxing is silly, but if you care what he has to say about anything including that recent fight between Mayflower and Packier, he'll be on the new set later.

Meanwhile, who hasn't had enough crap impressions of our relatively uninteresting president? Anyone? Yes? We'll you're in for a treat, cos for the first time in...ooh, must be a few weeks, Oliver Callan is on to do his tired and repetitve schtick. Sorry, his humorous impersonations of Irish public faces.

Also joining us tonight will be Irish C&W star Nathan Carter! Really! He'll be on to tell us about some Christmas show or other, which I suspect not even his Ma cares about.

Finally, for now, The RTE Concert Orchestra will be playing throughout the show. I don't know why, but I am quite looking forward to it, to be honest.

Anyway, that IT fella has since solved my problem so back to work for me.

Maybe I should ask him how to do puppehs and kittehs on the old phone?

See yis later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

I think I remember from another thread that there is a formal dress code for this week's audience. That probably ties in with the orchestra. Curious to find out what's in store.

I also assume there'll be something to mark the likely passing of the marriage referendum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

· Part One
    · OPENING PERFORMANCE
    WITH RTE CONCERT ORCHESTRA, THE LINE-UP CHOIR, LUCY O’BYRNE, NATHAN CARTER & THE HARLEYS
    · Interview with Caitriona Perry (RTÉ Washington Correspondent)

· Break – Part Two
    · Interview with Oliver Callan
    · Interview with Ricky Hatton

· Break – Part Three
    · Interview and performance with Nathan Carter (with RTÉ Concert Orchestra)
    · Interview with Ray Coyle (Largo Foods - the man behind Tayto Park)

· Break – Part Four
    · Performance from The Harleys
    · Interview with Al Porter
    · Show closes with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I wonder is oliver Callan on to have a little go at darcy? Tubs might start to get interesting if he thinks everyone is gunning for his job .

Is nathan Carter the one who does the horrible version of Wagonwheel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

George Clooney, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne and Snoop Dogg are on Graham Norton. I wonder which I'll watch - the dilemma of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

George Clooney, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne and Snoop Dogg are on Graham Norton. I wonder which I'll watch - the dilemma of it all.

Ozzy Osborne is revolting, as is his other half!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 77 ✭✭Unruly Hector

You'd wanna get the IT guy to sort out the Calendar on your PC...

ps. Don't forget to vote tomorrow... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Didn't Tubs and Callan have a bit of a falling out a while back or am I dreaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

You'd wanna get the IT guy to sort out the Calendar on your PC...

ps. Don't forget to vote tomorrow... ;-)

Ugh. So Unruly.

:-D

Now, how the flip do i change that?

Didn't Tubs and Callan have a bit of a falling out a while back or am I dreaming?

I'm confused about this too...

From that Joe dot IE website, three years ago..

Nob Nation Deserts Ryan Tubridy
    Poor old Ryan Tubridy has just lost the best part of his radio show, meaning his chances of turning his falling listenership figures around are slimmer than ever.

Oliver Callan’s Nob Nation, the bafflingly popular ‘satirical’ sketch segments are no more, with Paul Galvin’s favourite person deciding to focus exclusively on his weekly show on Radio 1, Green Tea, leaving Tubs high and very, very dry.

According to today’s Irish Mail on Sunday, relations between Callan and Tubridy are “strained” with Tubridy uncomfortable at the controversy that surrounds Callan and his sketches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,406 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am looking forward to the opening of the rollercoaster at Tayto Park more than anything else this summer :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

After Jason Byrne's sh1te mesmerising performance a few weeks ago, now we have Oliver Callen to suffer through look forward to, RTE just keep torturing spoliing us don't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,204 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

suesser-welpe-liebt-es-gekrault-zu-werden.gif

cute-kitten-o.gif

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Does anyone know if Ray Coyle from Largo foods has to pay for his interview slot on the show? I'm assuming that's going to be classed as product placement!

We all know what freebie the audience will be getting tonight anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,406 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does anyone know if Ray Coyle from Largo foods has to pay for his interview slot on the show? I'm assuming that's going to be classed as product placement!

I doubt it, Louis Walsh has been getting free slots for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

When I look back upon my life,
    it's always with a sense of shame ...

I just realised I wasted hours and hours of my life on hold, when I could have been starting threads or threading starts or something.

No more of that from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Plus Dwayne The Rock Johnson

I can imagine when Al Porter is on, Colm Hayes will be throwing things at the TV in a drunken stupor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Just back from Mad Max Fury Road. Great film. Now, I can't be watching Tubridy after that! Just dawned on me: I don't think he had anything about this film on his show did he? Or about the new Batman films or any good film that are really popular has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Is that the "Wagon Wheel" lad on tonight??.....

:(.....

Is that the "Wagon Wheel" lad on tonight??.....

:(.....

To talk about a Christmas gig, apparently. That seems very odd to me.

• Advertisement

I can imagine when Al Porter is on, Colm Hayes will be throwing things at the TV in a drunken stupor.

Ah, jesus. So i might have something in common with Colm bleedin Hayes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

What's up with Jean Byrne's fringe :confused: Its assymmetry giving me vertigo or something :P

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    To talk about a Christmas gig, apparently. That seems very odd to me.

What is wrong with these people?........the summer hasn't even started??....:eek:

Breaking News...

It's a YES!!

For the start of tonight's Late Late Show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

qweerty wrote: »
    I think I remember from another thread that there is a formal dress code for this week's audience.
    Surely if you had LLS tickets booked months ago, you wouldn't want to be told at the last minute that you have to rent a tuxedo or long frock?

And then be forced to watch Oliver 'Nob' Callan :mad:

Who ordered the concert orchestra?

Cypress Hill, I'm looking in your direction!

Oh F**K OFF... just F**K OFF.....

I love the Concert Orchestra I have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

cringe

• Advertisement

Nathan

*swoon*

Advertisement