Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sugar syrup vs sugar

Options
  • 25-04-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey there,

So, I have a recipe for a cocktail that calls for 2 teaspoons of caster sugar. I prefer to use sugar syrup in my cocktails, as I find sugar tends to remain gritty and sinks to the bottom. I can't remember how much syrup to use in place of sugar - does anyone know offhand? 'Tinternets isn't helping much! Ta in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

twice as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Depends what your ratio of Simple syrup is? If you are using the basic 2:1 syrup then 4 teaspoons of syrup will have the same sweetness. If its not sweet enough add another bit. Never follow a recipe the exact way, especially for a cocktail....if its too sweet then not as much next time. If your making your own syrup just do 2:1 sugar to water and add a quarter cup of corn syrup to the mixture. This will help prevent crystallization of the sugar, since it is a super saturated solution.

Advertisement