Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes...Those Banana & Egg Ones

Options
  • 16-04-2015 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Has anyone got a good recipe/method for making pancakes out of Eggs and a banana...

I've tried once before and it was a complete mess...I was told, just 2 eggs and a banana was all i needed:confused:

any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That is all you need! Though I sometimes like to add a little bit of vanilla or caramel essence. Blend them well together and pour the mixture into large heaped tablespoon sized blobs onto a hot oiled pan like American pancakes. What went wrong when you made them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I make them at least once a week; 2 eggs + 2 bananas = perfect, with a dust of cinnamon and a drop of vanilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I know what I'm having for brekkie tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Had them again this morning, with cacao powder and nibs, and cinnamon. Topped with pecan and maple.

IMG_20150417_101919_zps0tjagbtd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I don't like them with just egg and banana, they go a bit omelettey. I find the addition of a bit of baking powder and a handful of Ready Brek gives them a nicer texture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

2 eggs beaten well, 1 banana mashed up - I then blitz them in the blender, heat pan with Frylite, then put on tablespoon size blobs and fry till it starts bubbleing and then turn over .

^^ I like the 1 banana 2 egg ratio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I use one of each to make mine and they're lovely.

I read that you can replace banana with shredded apple. Gonna try it one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

2 eggs
    1 banana mashed well
    pinch of baking powder
    cinnamon to taste

you need to make them small, like a tablespoon's worth of mix onto a hot pan, because they are VERY hard to flip over if they are any bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

What is this sorcery? Banana Pancakes?!?

I'm a pancake fan but I never heard of these, I might try them for tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chrome342

Thanks for the ideas. Will do this tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Spot on Baldy Conscience!

They definitely take a little practice but the last ones were much better than the first.

I used a 1:1 banana to egg ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah, I made these the other day, after seeing Mrs. Fox's photo! I made them small, though. Three to a pan.

I didn't blend them, just whisked. they were nice. Borderline omelettey, but good. I'll try them again with nuts on top next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stephan5

Had them once, they were delicious. Do not know now how to make them again. Do I need a blender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

no blender needed, just use a fork to mash the banana then combine with the egg

Sorry, I might be stupid but I do not understand how this can stay grounded. I mean I imagine banana will hardly connect itself and then I will just have a mess - banana will be all over the pan. I do not want a mess, because I am very lazy and do not want to clean :)

stephan5 wrote: »
    Sorry, I might be stupid but I do not understand how this can stay grounded. I mean I imagine banana will hardly connect itself and then I will just have a mess - banana will be all over the pan. I do not want a mess, because I am very lazy and do not want to clean :)

It binds with the egg to form a kind of batter. I personally prefer it with a little bit of flour and baking powder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

stephan5 wrote: »
    YouTube it if you dont believe people.

Ok thanks will try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've tried these before, but found them a bit 'rubbery'. Will stick with the traditional pancake batter I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement