Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Drumsticks.

Options
  • 21-04-2015 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

So I marinaded some chicken drumsticks overnight. Never done this before. Used three chillis, three garlic cloves, honey, soy and red onions! Sounds delish? I know, I'm awesome like that ;)

I'm really trying to push the boat out and make food myself. Normally it'd be wings in a fast food place but **** wings! Drumsticks have more meat and less bone. I'm just wondering though...how long in the oven is too long?

I mean I don't want them to burn but because there's honey in it I'm worried it'll crisp and burn pretty quickly. My plan was to gve them 30 or so minutes and then check to make sure it was cooked but is that actually too long?

Honestly, I cannot afford another failure ever since my scones disaster of 2010. God...may they all forget. Any advice on the times I'd need for this beautiful dish? Really trying to impress somebody here so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

:)

I'd set the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and then roast for 20-30 minutes, until the skin is golden and the juices in the meat run clear. Make sure the oven is fully preheated, this is really important.

Also if you have some non stick baking parchment, use that to line your oven dish - this will save on scrubbing burnt honey off the physical dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Thanks Mystery Egg! She's gonna be one impressed woman with the results. I'll mention you...in a whisper...when the oven's on...while she's out of the room. In spirit you'll have the praise you deserve I promise :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks Mystery Egg! She's gonna be one impressed woman with the results. I'll mention you...in a whisper...when the oven's on...while she's out of the room. In spirit you'll have the praise you deserve I promise :)

Heh heh. Listen buddy you can have all the credit. Glory in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

It was nice...maybe a bit over kill for me but she didn't notice/care which is what matters. Thanks. Owe ya one man!

Advertisement