Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post stamp prices

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I recently bought some 55 cent stamps from ny local corner shop.
    But when I got home I discovered I was charged 60 cent for each stamp, are shops allowed charge higher prices than the price on the stamp.
    Can anyone answer this ?

airbusa320

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

airbusa320 wrote: »
    I recently bought some 55 cent stamps from ny local corner shop.
    But when I got home I discovered I was charged 60 cent for each stamp, are shops allowed charge higher prices than the price on the stamp.
    Can anyone answer this ?

airbusa320

Was told recently enough that stamps cannot be sold by shops, only by An Post at the Post Office. Could be why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

xpletiv wrote: »
    Was told recently enough that stamps cannot be sold by shops, only by An Post at the Post Office. Could be why.

This is incorrect, many newsagents, etc are licensed to sell stamps, but only the ones with postpoint.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfidsncweyql/rss2/

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal. €10 phone top can be sold for €10.50. It's a similar situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Be prepared OP, An Post are looking for a price rise to 65c per stamp. Thank God for email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

wyndham wrote: »
    This is incorrect, many newsagents, etc are licensed to sell stamps, but only the ones with postpoint.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfidsncweyql/rss2/

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal. €10 phone top can be sold for €10.50. It's a similar situation.

I knew this was going to happen. Indeed, it is going the same way as topups. As per the link, Anpost are trying to force the shops to take in their electronic terminal. If you dont, no stamps. I stopped.

The only way a shop can do it now, is take the anpost terminal or go into a post office and buy them like anyone else.

Of course, the latter would mean they are doing it for nothing.

Maybe they are providing you with stamps, but add on the 5 cent for their expenses?

I know this sounds CRAZY, but in the age of email, the ejits should be making stamps EASIER to get, not harder.:D

Advertisement