Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question ...

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Small question ... maybe you can help me ! :)

I have paid in 2008 a company in the UK for internet space and domain name.
    In the subsequent years, I have sent emails to this company a few times requesting invoices as we had not received anything from them - no reply.
    The service was still available to us (though we were living in 'fear' that the service would be cut off at some stage).
    Now, I am just after receiving 4 invoices for the past 4 years . . .

I'm a bit reluctant in paying the previous years' invoices as we didn't know from one day to the next whether we would still get a service from them.
    Am I justified in thinking this ? (It's not for the actual amounts but for the principle really).

Thank you for your help.
    V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

ValerieR wrote: »
    I'm a bit reluctant in paying the previous years' invoices as we didn't know from one day to the next whether we would still get a service from them.
    Am I justified in thinking this ? (It's not for the actual amounts but for the principle really).

Thank you for your help.
    V

I wouldn't have thought so, you still got the service (although I agree their customer services were dreadful) and so you should pay for it. If you were living in fear of not getting a service from them you should really have just switched hosting providers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whilst you can claim you didn't know one day to the next if you'd have the service you still had that service and as such the domain is right to demand payment.,

If you dislike the webhost so much I'd suggest moving to another host,

Advertisement