Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 02-07-2012 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I moved out of rented accommodation last week and so therefore canceled my account with airtricity for the household. They have issued me with a final bill which is about 600 euro. 2 other people live in the house none of which will answer my calls/texts asking them for their share of this bill. The final direct debit is due to go through on the 13th july. If i cancel and tell my bank to refuse the direct debit will this affect my credit rating ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

anyone any advice in this situation ? think my best bet is to get in contact with landlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Unfortunately if the bill is in your name you are liable to pay it sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you can't afford to pay the bill all at once, then your best bet is to contact Airtricity and work out some form of repayment plan.

Unfortunately, your name is the name on the bill. Therefore you are liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nimbles

If you contact the Airtricity customer service team they can delete your pending direct debit which will buy you more time to sort the problem out. You can also set up a payment arrangement to enable you to pay it off in installments.

I hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Cancel the Direct Debit with Airtricity and also with your bank! check with your bank that there is not more dormant direct debits which Airtricity can use at any time.

If the bill is in your name you would have to make arrangements to pay it with Airtricity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Before switching to Airtricity you should consider that there is little or no difference per unit of electricity between Airtricity, Electric Ireland and Bord Gais. However there is a very considerable difference between their Standin Charges Bord Gais €116.90 Including vat per year, Electric Ireland €119.84 Including vat per year and Airtricity €153.03 Including vat per year. That makes Airtricity €33 dearer than Electric Ireland and €36 dearer than Bord Gais, Given that none of them do any repair work, this is all attended to by the ESB one must assume that the ESB charges all providers the same for their services and Airtricity are making an underhanded profit out of this. Imagine if they have 1 million customers then they are making up to 36 million euro additional profit per year. No wonder they can offer discounted unit prices. But are they actually cheaper. I would imagine Airtricity would go mental if they were being charged higher rates than other providers and would have the ESB nailed to the wall by the competitions authority, CER and their adopted granny. I think Airtricity are playing sleight of hand.

hitbit(ten by Airtricity)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

hitbit Please stick to the topic at hand. The OP is looking for help in dealing with an outstanding bill.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Cancel the Direct Debit with Airtricity and also with your bank! check with your bank that there is not more dormant direct debits which Airtricity can use at any time.

If the bill is in your name you would have to make arrangements to pay it with Airtricity.

Why should they do that? They have to pay for what they used

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement