Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The West Bar , Blanch

Options
  • 13-09-2004 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I know threads have been run for this before but I didn't read them then so need too ask some things now.
    Haven't been in West Bar before but am thinking of going this weekend. What is the story with this place , Good/Bad , Cheap/expensive , lively/dull , Pulling spot/couple spot , adults/teenie boppers , worth going too/give it a miss??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Its closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stunt

For how long?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

the west is closed now?
    ehh it used to be a sh*thole,filled with skanks and druglords from whitestown/blakestown area

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

West is closed at the mo because they are doin renovations to turn it into a nightclub (or so I hear)....anyway it used to be a place for teenagers - very early 20's people on the pull. Lost alot of business when its door staff started refusing people for no apparent reason. Then they started chargin €5 admission after 11pm....things jus went downhill and people stopped goin. Try the Arc in Liffery Valley....looks luvly

Thanks fletch. Anyone been too the Arc? Is it worth a visit?

• Advertisement

Arc

Looks nice but nice doesn't mean good. Got a few lads from Waterford staying with me for the weekend and they want too go on the pull. Doesn't look like the place too bring them. Don't wanna go into the city centre either, sick of that place. Need somewhere within reasonable distance of Castleknock

The Vortex in the County Club, Dunshaughlin is a great spot....saturdays are a tenner in and €3 a drink....taxi will cost about a fiver each. Failing that your only option is the city centre then.

Mayby the West Bar is open again by the weekend. Could be really quick renovations!!!

Called the West Bar. They are closed for 7 weeks.

• Advertisement

Ok, done my research and it seems I have two options. Can go too the ARC which I know nothing about or someone has suggested the Anglers Rest near Chapelizod. ANyone been too these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Stunt wrote:
    Ok, done my research and it seems I have two options. Can go too the ARC which I know nothing about or someone has suggested the Anglers Rest near Chapelizod. ANyone been too these two?

It could be hard getting home from liffey valley if you live in castleknock. A taxi would cost a lot from there. The anglers rest is a pub. They do play music but its not a nightclub or even a bar. Just a big pub. Go to town, you'll have way more options then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Stunt wrote:

Anglers is very variable, some nights it's hopping with good music, other nights can be quiet. But it's always a good pub.

The Hole in the Wall, on Blackhorse Ave, is usually busy on Fri/Sat night.

Going to town does give you a lot more options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

fletch wrote:
    The Vortex in the County Club
    Don't go there it smells like a cow shed :eek:

MOOOOO

Advertisement