Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House missing in Killarney??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ok, 3 things.

1. You never said you would meet in the station. You said you wanted people to PM you first.

2. This thread is 2 and a half years old and you just sound like someone fishing for information about the person in question. (You may even be the "scam artist" yourself imo)

3. Your previous post is highly insulting and has been reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darren foran

1.What part of 'we are going to Killarney Garda station ' do you not understand? 2.it may be two and a half years old but he is still operating and people have contacted me already in the last couple of days and I'm sure they will confirm that on here soon. 3.if it is me 'the scammer' as you say do u not think asking people to go to a Garda station is a little bit odd ? 4.please pretty please with a bun on top will u just go away and annoy someone else

1.What part of 'we are going to Killarney Garda station ' do you not understand? 2.it may be two and a half years old but he is still operating and people have contacted me already in the last couple of days and I'm sure they will confirm that on here soon. 3.if it is me 'the scammer' as you say do u not think asking people to go to a Garda station is a little bit odd ? 4.please pretty please with a bun on top will u just go away and annoy someone else

My original question was why don't you just go to the station yourself if you are that worried about this guy. Like you said, he is well known so why do you need all the support to go see the Gards. Just go yourself if it is bothering you so much. tbh, you don't seem too pushed to go to the Gards so I don't see the point in your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

dobman88 wrote: »
    My original question was why don't you just go to the station yourself if you are that worried about this guy. Like you said, he is well known so why do you need all the support to go see the Gards. Just go yourself if it is bothering you so much. tbh, you don't seem too pushed to go to the Gards so I don't see the point in your posts.

Probably has little or no evidence of the transaction happening and is looking for other people in the area who were conned by or have a knowledge about this man to go with him to the Garda station. He could have already went to the Garda station before on his own and they done nothing for him. The Gardai in certain parts of this country are useless just like their commissioner and the Minister for Justice.

Thank you that's exactly what's happened and the guy is making a fortune from it and the guards won't act but if enough people arrive at the barracks they will have to act

Thank you that's exactly what's happened and the guy is making a fortune from it and the guards won't act but if enough people arrive at the barracks they will have to act

You could have just said that first besides all the childish and insulting posts.

Please folks do not reply to this guy he is suspiciously tryin to get the thread locked for some reason and he has been reported

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Lads to put it simply, thius fella we are talking about still has tonnes of ads on donedeal and is scamming people left and right. However as Chris mentioned above, the Gardai are indeed useless and are doing nothing to stop him so I believe a visit to the station would be a waste of time. The Gardai don't have the interest in solving this crime nor cn they do much as their hands are tied - what they told a lady scammed last week.

I've contacted the small claims court in tralee and will be chasing him in court I'll probably won't get back my money but if it highlights what dis fella is doing then I might stop some other person being scammed ,I've also reported his ads on donedeal and they said they are now monitoring it ,I've been to the guards in tralee now about 8 times and they won't act they are a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Anybody think about taking an ad out with Kerrys Eye or The Kerryman - or better again, contacting a journalist there to cover the story?
    Should put a halt to this gallop - what an asshole.

Kerrys Eye. 22 Ashe Street, Tralee, Co. Kerry Ireland

Phone 066 71 49200, Fax: 066 71 23163 Email: news@kerryseye.com

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/

Newspapers will be very reluctant to print accusations unless they are made in a legal context. Which, given the law on defamation, is very understandable.

Advertisement