Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get decent Li CR2032 batteries?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

So, I bought a two pack of Duracell Li CR2032 button batteries in Argos today for my bathroom scales. Just popped them in there, and the scales are telling me the battery is low. Just tried them in my digital kitchen scales too - same issue. Grrrr.

They cost 4.99, so I didn't cheap out on them or anything. Very annoying.

What brand is good? Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They probably just sat on their shelf for too long, bring them back. If you're worried about the same thing happening again, get a refund and buy then from eBay, there's at least one Irish power seller on there that does that type and they'd have a quicker turnover on stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

$2 for 5, don't be in a hurry to weight yourself postage takes ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Some of the Euro stores (blue and yellow signage,that lot..) have trays of CR3032 for between €1.50-2.00. Cheap, but cheerful, I use them and their other button battery 'variety pack' for various electronic tat about the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

dahamsta wrote: »
    They probably just sat on their shelf for too long, bring them back. If you're worried about the same thing happening again, get a refund and buy then from eBay, there's at least one Irish power seller on there that does that type and they'd have a quicker turnover on stock.

Cool, I'll go with that. I don't want to keep having to buy crappy batteries at a fiver a pop! :)

Ordered some off Ebay from a top-rated Irish seller. The expiry date is 2020 (supposedly). They should arrive tomorrow, so fingers crossed! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Power city usually have these just inside the doors or around the tills areas. I got some in Naas last year they were Maxwell brand, €2.99 for 2 afaicr.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Power city usually have these just inside the doors or around the tills areas. I got some in Naas last year they were Maxwell brand, €2.99 for 2 afaicr.

Yeah, my mistake was getting them from Argos where I couldn't check the expiry. Argos is great for many things but not batteries!

Advertisement