Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Day Of (Anime) Champions 16; Pierce The Combos - August 16th; BB, P4U, UNiB

Options
  • 28-07-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 16
    16th of August
    BB:CP, UNiB and P4U.
    PS3 for all games.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1 pm ending roughly 7 pm
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into BB;CP, all other tournaments will be free. While UNiB and P4U will not have an entry fee, we will have prizes for first place.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.
    Running order will be BB, UNiB, P4U. We will attempt to have top 4 for all games recorded, but all other recordings are not guaranteed.
    Players coming for casuals will be charged venue fee, which is the same fee as casuals, unless they rent their own machine.
    Please note; if I or any other TO calls you out and says “Play your match now”, and you do not immediately go to play your match, you will be DC'd. I know this seems harsh, but we've been running closer and closer to the wire in recent tournies, so much so as to go over it in the last one.
    Because of the fact that all games will be done on PS3, we will have a specific, separate area around the XBoxes for recording. We will begin running round 1 of each tournament as we close out to top 4.

I wish to stress this; touching any of Doom's kit, unless he has given you express permission will result in your being DQ'd and asked to leave the venue. This has happened once or twice already, and it just ain't cool. If Doom himself hasn't asked you to look after his kit, or you're not someone he trusts to look after it, don't touch it.

Tournament Rules and Format.
    Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist its own tournament standard rule set being applied; All games will be a 2/3 set of 2/3 matches. Grand finals for all 3 will be 3/5 sets, providing for time.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.

1. All characters are usable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.
    2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.
    3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.
    4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.
    5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.
    6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.
    7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.
    8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)
    9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.
    10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.
    11. No white track suits please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be there, entering everything.
    I'll bring a PS3 for another set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

UNiB is a real thing now?

Yeah. Japanese digital and physical release. Coming out in America in English at some silly time like 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I'll go
    Why

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Since UNIB is free to enter and is a new game where I won't get my **** pushed in by everybody, I might be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

UNiB is a real thing now?
    Unreal Black Things.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Sounds good. I'll be there. :p I can bring my noisy ass PS3 for BB if you guys want but, Keith knows the deal on it's tempermental fan issues. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

2 quick updates;
    Running order will now be P4A, BBCP then UNiB.

Prizes are as follows;
    Princess Mononoke t-shirt for winner of P4A
    BlazBlue limited edition "Hope" charity t-shirt for the winner of UNiB.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

You can do 3 reps of it to make a point.

Any more than that, and you forfeit the round/game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Voa wrote: »
    BlazBlue limited edition "Hope" charity t-shirt for the winner of UNiB.

Oh no

there's going to be grim reapers everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Just confirming that I can actually go to this. I can bring a set up for P4U if needed. Hyped to play some UNiB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Tempted to try and get down to this, have a shot at UNiB and rep Akatsuki.

No recording at this Tourney.

Hype still scheduled.

Should be in for shortly past 12.

Will have UNIEL setup but can't stay all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ggs all. Thx to those who organised this.

Orie fair and balanced character 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Results?

UNIB

1 Naphiel
    2 Voa
    3 Salty
    4 Witch
    5 Kiki
    5 Jun
    7 Joe Chu
    7 ConcJuice
    9 DeadLovePirate
    9 Constant
    9 Marcus
    9 Superchar
    13 Stache
    13 Ken Byrne
    13 Macal
    13 Jamie
    17 Makofueled

BBCP

1 Naphiel
    2 Voa
    3 Joe Chu
    4 Ken Byrne
    5 DeadLovePirate
    5 Stache
    7 Salty
    7 Marcus
    9 Superchar
    9 Jamie
    9 Makofueled

Persona

1 Naphiel
    2 Voa
    3 Salty
    4 Ken Byrne
    5 Kiki
    5 Jamie
    7 Stache
    7 Marcus
    9 Makofueled

Everything went really smoothly. GGs to everyone played. Shouldn't have any problem incorporating Guilty Gear as planned at the next one (looking at sometime around October after P4U's American release since that's the one that is confirmed region free).

Really happy with the turnout for UNIB and hope it keeps up. Till next time.

tumblr_n9lyniyvrC1spivfbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_n6hz89uQzG1r5g1c1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Stop swinging the baby Keith. ;___;

Also I came 4th in Persona? Damn son. Most fun match of the day was me and Kiki's. That **** was cray.

Linoud wrote: »
    Stop swinging the baby Keith. ;___;

Also I came 4th in Persona? Damn son. Most fun match of the day was me and Kiki's. That **** was cray.

I will never forget the day Ken did DP whiff into air super to punish my attempt at punishing the whiff DP :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    DP whiff into air super to punish my attempt at punishing the whiff DP

lol I wish I'd shown up in time to see that

Advertisement