Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I download Movies legally?

• 24-07-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭

Where can I download Movies legally ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Netflix is the best service. Note however that "piracy" still flourishes because there is no legal service offering similar quality and selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

iTunes and Volta

Netflix is for streaming only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Thanks for replies. Can Google Play or Amazon be used. I seen they offer movies but Im not sure if you can download them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

rigmaroll wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. Can Google Play or Amazon be used. I seen they offer movies but Im not sure if you can download them in Ireland.
    If they're availible from the Play store you should be able to download them, anything region-restricted would not appear in the store AFAIK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

srsly78 wrote: »
    Netflix is the best service. Note however that "piracy" still flourishes because there is no legal service offering similar quality and selection.

They said download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

In Ireland you have:

iTunes
    Google Play
    Xbox Live

In addition to these, you've some devices that have their own proprietary apps like HTC have their own video download service, and Samsung TVs have their own too. Whether these are still active is another question.

For streaming, you're stuck with Netflix or NowTV. If you've a Movie Package with Sky, you can stream movies (and TV Shows), and if you pay an additional €6 a month you can download them to certain devices.

Thanks Dman, I didnt realise Xbox Live had movies.

I presume from all the other posts that Amazon Movies are not available to Irish customers for download.

Just been on the Now TV site.

Im not sure if this can be accessed from Ireland but they have some great offers if we can:

£4.99 monthly pass for Tv with no contract(includes Sky Atlantic)
    £8.99 monthly pass for movies with no contract with 30 day free trial
    £9.99 24hr access pass for sports. This would be good for a one off event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

srsly78 wrote: »

Do you really believe that?

Im not sure if this can be accessed from Ireland but they have some great offers if we can:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

rigmaroll wrote: »

Unless they've changed it recently, Now TV can be accessed in Ireland. However, their mobile Apps are limited to the UK.

• Advertisement

I seen there is a thread about the NowTv box on Bargain Alerts. Does that have to be bought from the UK.

The help section on their site doesnt give much info

Advertisement