Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Google Services battery drain (Nexus 5)

Options
  • 22-08-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing a huge battery drain from Google Services? My Nexus 5 will go from full charge to dead in under 5 hours, with little direct use and syncing off. Been told that Hangouts is a bit drain, which is annoying as I use it on Chrome for OSX. Anyone had this issue and/or know of a solution?

dbqkb8.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

This happens every so often, a restart should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

spix wrote: »
    This happens every so often, a restart should do the trick.

Totally agree. I get this every few days. Sometimes battery is fantastic, then boom it goes crap..a reboot always solves it...I reboot regardless every 3 to 4 days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Reboot hadn't solved it. Had to do a full charge two in 6 hours. Then it was on 64% after an hour and 17 mins.

Nexus Support team contacted me on Twitter and told me to spend a day in Safe Mode. This will be fun :(

Advertisement