Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast distorted sound with youtube

Options
  • 14-08-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but over the last couple of weeks when casting anything from youtube, the picture is fine but the audio is distorted.

Netflix and streaming channels work fine but with youtube it isnt right. It used to work without any problems on youtube.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what could be causing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I've also had an issue with my chromecast where the sound has just stopped working entirely !.

Trying to sort it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

And mine is out of sync by several seconds on every video, YouTube and locally stored videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Uninstall the app and re-download it again that worked for me last night , also switching the hdmi ports seems to work for several people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sound stopping happened to me on chromecast. I just turned the tv off and on and it worked fine then

Advertisement