Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu-ray [July 29th]

Options
  • 30-05-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Sorry if there is a thread already. It looks like there is going to be a blu-ray release soon.

Oh yes.
    On stunning High Definition Blu-ray, Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery is a comprehensive collection with every episode from the complete television series; both the U.S. and international versions of the series’ Pilot; the North American Blu-ray debut of David Lynch’s follow-up feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me; and nearly 90 minutes of deleted and extended scenes from the film. The set also features newly transferred Log Lady introductions for each episode; picture upgrades to many shots in the TV series; a new featurette with series creator Lynch and the actors who portrayed the Palmer family which includes a mesmerizing return to the lives of their characters today; and hours of never-before-released material that dives into the fascinating story behind the celebrated pop culture classic.

It is on Amazon.com for pre-order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Can't féckin' wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ben Horne

Maybe some answers. It is £49.75 on Amazon.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

The owls are not what they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The log did it. I will say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

A must have purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Uepped

overrated load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Uepped wrote: »
    overrated load of ****e

Boooooo

Shipping on Tuesday (29th), would be great to have it for next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Ben Horne wrote: »
    Maybe some answers. It is £49.75 on Amazon.co.uk.

If it was by anyone else besides David Lynch I might've agreed with you. I can see this creating loose ends where there were none ;)

Love the Gordon Cole character, just finished watching the series for the second time.

GordonCole.jpg

• Advertisement

Just watched the extended/deleted scenes, definitely some more to mull over as expected and shows you
    the significance the owl ring was to have in future episodes had it been allowed to go forward
    I loved the Between Two Worlds feature as well.

Ben Horne wrote: »
    Just watched the extended/deleted scenes, definitely some more to mull over as expected and shows you
    the significance the owl ring was to have in future episodes had it been allowed to go forward
    I loved the Between Two Worlds feature as well.

You get yours already? I'm still waiting, wouldn't expect it so fast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

We've been watching this over the last few weeks, I was a little young when it aired originally, my only memory of it was having a massive crush on Lara Flynn Boyle.

Nearing the end of season 2 now , and I can see why it got canned in terms of where it had gone. It has some great moments, but it has many bizarre plot choices in season 2 even for Lynch. The genuinely weird bits were fine but stuff like hank and his wife? . I didn't mind the cooper/earl plot so much.

James' story in season 2 was completely pointless and himself and donna were some of the most irritating characters I've ever witnessed on screen.

Is the movie worth getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Movie is just okay and only really watched it for completionist sake. They had to change the actress who played Donna and there were other issues due to bad blood at the time between the cast and David Lynch.
    The stories I've read basically say David left the series and the cast felt they abandoned them.
    But the movie itself acts like more of a prequel but does tie into the ending as well.

Of course, it's the network's fault that the show was cancelled. They insisted Laura's killer be revealed when they were so once that happened people stopped watching.

The Blu Ray includes the international pilot as well I believe which is more like a self contained story. I've got it on VHS

There was far too much to cover in the second series and then they had to wrap it up rather quickly.

Yeah, film is okay. I wished for more David Bowie in it (was glad to see a little bit more in deleted scenes). :)

First part was Agent Desmond investigating Teresa Banks murder and then moves on one year to a week before Laura Palmers death.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Movie is just okay and only really watched it for completionist sake. They had to change the actress who played Donna and there were other issues due to bad blood at the time between the cast and David Lynch.
    The stories I've read basically say David left the series and the cast felt they abandoned them.
    But the movie itself acts like more of a prequel but does tie into the ending as well.

Of course, it's the network's fault that the show was cancelled. They insisted Laura's killer be revealed when they were so once that happened people stopped watching.

The Blu Ray includes the international pilot as well I believe which is more like a self contained story. I've got it on VHS

Movie is quite good on frst viewing and then absolutely fantastic after 2 or 3 more viewings! Do yourself a favour and re watch it once or twice more its brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well we finished it tonight and enjoyed the series. Series have been left cancelled on worse endings I guess. In a way I'm glad it was cancelled because given another 2 or 3 seasons ... hell even one it would have been worse than lost was.

Now off to IMDB we go to see what the cast have done since and we saw them in and didn;t know them :)

Great extras, all the women still look great particularly Madchen Amick and Peggy Lipton who must be 60!

Advertisement