Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps and intenet connection

• 03-12-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am totally clueless when it comes to internet so bare with me while i ask a couple of question a ot of you will find dilly :P
    1 Ok right so if im connected to wifi i dont have to pay for the internet i can just downloads whatever apps i want yes ?
    2 Also if im connected to the wifi but then leave the house and am no longer connected will the apps that I have on the phone still be there ?
    3 I know you cant use apps such as twitter and facebook once internet conection isnt there but can i still use games ?
    4 If i dont have internet connection will all the apps delte and no longer be kept on the phone ?
    Somebody please explain the basics of donwloadsing apps and internet connections

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes, yes, couldn't understand question, yes yes, no, yes.

Try formatting the questions better?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

There is that better :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I am totally clueless when it comes to internet so bare with me while i ask a couple of question a ot of you will find dilly :P
    1 Ok right so if im connected to wifi i dont have to pay for the internet i can just downloads whatever apps i want yes ?
    Yes. Provided you have wifi at home you can connect a phone or tablet to your wifi and download apps.
    2 Also if im connected to the wifi but then leave the house and am no longer connected will the apps that I have on the phone still be there ?
    Your apps will remain on the phone/tablet until such time as you actively choose to uninstall them.
    3 I know you cant use apps such as twitter and facebook once internet conection isnt there but can i still use games ?
    You can use any apps that do not require an internet connection when you are not connected to the internet. Any games that do not require an internet connection to play will work fine when you are not connected to wifi.
    4 If i dont have internet connection will all the apps delte and no longer be kept on the phone ?
    Somebody please explain the basics of donwloadsing apps and internet connections
    The apps will not delete. Once downloaded they are stored on your phone/tablet and can be accessed at any time. Some apps (such as facebook twitter etc) require an internet connection to function properly, but the apps will still be there. You will not have to download them each time you want to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

Ok thank you i finally understand thanks :P
    One last question how do i connect my phone to my wifi

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ok thank you i finally understand thanks :P
    One last question how do i connect my phone to my wifi

What type of phone do you have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement