Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

B. Its based on historical events and people. Namely a viking named Ragnar who led the vikings first raids on Britain.

Rollo was also an important historical character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They wrapped up filming Season 2 last Friday, my mate does stunts and popped into my work before the wrap part on Friday.

Next year they will be filming S3 & 4 back to back, from March to December

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

I hear its going to air on RTE2 on Sun 26th, about time !

http://www.rte.ie/mediasales/television/programming-rtetwo-highlights.html#vikings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cant wait to for this tune to start playing again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

scudzilla wrote: »
    Next year they will be filming S3 & 4 back to back, from March to December

Is that confirmed?.....no official word, i assume filming season 3/4 is for budget reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Got the Blu-Ray from the US a few months back and the undated episodes really enhance the show. The watered down safe version shown on TV really does the show a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

crazy promos, that third one is excellent vikings v vikings but its character spoilerific

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Was dead-tired at the weekend and threw on the first episode to pass some time. Knew nothing about it beforehand, not sure what possessed me to watch it. Hooked from the start. A few days later and I've finished the first season. I can't wait until the second season starts.

I did some reading around the historical figures some of the show's characters are based on and regretted it afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Tristram wrote: »
    Was dead-tired at the weekend and threw on the first episode to pass some time. Knew nothing about it beforehand, not sure what possessed me to watch it. Hooked from the start. A few days later and I've finished the first season. I can't wait until the second season starts.

I did some reading around the historical figures some of the show's characters are based on and regretted it afterwards.

Rollo in particular had a big impact on the history of many nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

jenjenten wrote: »
    Is that confirmed?.....no official word, i assume filming season 3/4 is for budget reasons?

Yes, my mate who is on the crew has been told it's March-Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

IMDB has season 2 starting on Thursday

I assume its only on History US and not the History channel we have here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Zymurgist wrote: »
    IMDB has season 2 starting on Thursday

I assume its only on History US and not the History channel we have here?

Checked the listing and it doesn't seem to be on anyway. Its not even listed as a show on the UK website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Done some digging on the start of season 2, it airs in the states on thursday. History UK don't have rights to air it yet over here, they gave the rights to LoveFilm so they will be airing it the day after its aired in the US. Which is a shame.

Apparenty there is a few differences between the US and UK versions, less violence and less nudity in the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

deco nate wrote: »
    thank you.i knew i was right,even if its the nordy side :)lol

I wouldn't quite call it the nordy side, more like the Nordy Corner. So you know what happens if you're a bold child, you have to go and sit in the 'Nordy Corner' lol.

p.s.
    Re: Vikings, series linking the show now on RTE2 HD. Haven't started watching it yet, but looking forward seeing it. Have seen most of the trailers on line and it looks good. Have now seen a couple of trailers for S2 also, and it's looking good too. (BTW one of the sets for GOT is just a mile and a half or so from where I work)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Great season opener with that first episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭squonk

Just after watching S02E01. Poor old Ragnar! You'd think he'd have beaten a bit of sense into that son of his by now! They head off for negotiations. Ragnar knocks a princess up and heads back home, only to find Bjorn has told the missus about the whole thing. No sign of the bro code there or, what happens on tour stays on tour! More to the point, the little scrote didn't even give Ragnar the heads up or even hint at the extent of the information he blurted. Then, when the **** hits the fan and the knocked up priness shows up and the missus heads for the hills, the little wuss heads off with his mammy! Some Viking! I'd be taking an axe to the youngster myself!

Great opening episode though. The battle was epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

squonk wrote: »
    Just after watching S02E01. Poor old Ragnar! You'd think he'd have beaten a bit of sense into that son of his by now! They head off for negotiations. Ragnar knocks a princess up and heads back home, only to find Bjorn has told the missus about the whole thing. No sign of the bro code there or, what happens on tour stays on tour! More to the point, the little scrote didn't even give Ragnar the heads up or even hint at the extent of the information he blurted. Then, when the **** hits the fan and the knocked up priness shows up and the missus heads for the hills, the little wuss heads off with his mammy! Some Viking! I'd be taking an axe to the youngster myself!

Great opening episode though. The battle was epic!

Ever seen a man so eager to get in a boat and kill something....anything but put up with a pissed off missus and a snobby mistress.
    My daddy was a god
    My daddy was a farmer
    .....ahhh....Valhalla....I suppose a threeway is out of the question ?

• Advertisement

that battle was a bit pointless though wasn't it after all, wonder where it was shot? nice cg mountains in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

that battle was a bit pointless though wasn't it after all, wonder where it was shot? nice cg mountains in the background

It was shot in the Avoca Mines in County Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

And so the birth of Danegeld, the protection money the english paid the norse to keep them quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

And Ben Bailey's Nordic search for Amber ends in tears...

Latest episode was Excellent.

ep4 the priest recovered his conscience a bit too late

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Is the first season of Vikings over on RTE2? It's not on tonight but RTE website just says transmission on RTÉ Two, Sunday, 9.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭paulbok

1st series finished on RTE last week (23rd).

2nd series is about have way through it's run of 10 episodes in the US. No idea when RTE will have S2, but I'd guess it'll be the same time next year.

Christ that last scene was just perfection.Respect to Jarl Borg, he took it like a boss.I guess he got into Valhalla afteral.Im guessing Bjorn gave him some kind of sedative so he wouldn't feel all the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Another excellent episode and only 2 more to go this season. Cant understand how this show isn't more popular.

Advertisement