Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding product for Mum to be!

Options
  • 06-12-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Well our new arrival is due and my Partner has mentioned something she heard of that you wear around your Waist which can be used to cover your Belly when Breast-feeding?

- Prob. is that she isn't too sure who makes it, what its called or where it can be bought.

I think the main (and of course very understandable) point is to be able to lift top and feed without having to worry about your new Mum Belly being on show for the World to see.

If anyone has used this product or has any helpful suggestions on what worked for them I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Joe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I think they're usually referred to as Belly Bands.

Regarding lifting up a top to breastfeed, family members who've been through it have advised using tops with buttons, special breastfeeding tops with a flap or drop-down section or tops with stretchy necklines that can be pulled down instead. Again, there are a very large selection of breastfeeding tops available. I like the Boob ones, bought one of their hoodies. But there are lots of non maternity clothes that will also be perfectly suitable.

Basically anything that allows you to pop out one boob with the minimum of other exposure. That way you can not only avoid displaying pregnancy midriff, but also other boob and it is easier to hold the baby latched on. Easier to feed discreetly in company that way too. Using a baby sling or draping a light cloth over the soulder and the babies head will allow complete modesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Could it be the breastfeeding cover as per this irish webshop? http://www.onceborn.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I like the bebe au lait ones. I'm going to bf but I know my dad for instance would self combust with awkwardness if I took a boob out in his company. He's very old fashioned Irish catholic about such things so I'm def getting one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 limerick_lady

Belly bands/bump bands are ideal alright, if you're going to be pulling up your top. I got them in topshop but H&M also stock them (along with other great feeding tops). Another good option like that is to wear a spaghetti string top under your normal top - then pull up the normal top, pull down the spag string top and you're sorted!!

I found having a scarf (a light fashion-ey one, as opposed to a winter wooly one!) was a great help, as you could just spread the scarf out a little and perform all the necessities underneath it! Hoodies that zip down the front are great too.

Best of luck with bf-ing, its pretty tough at the start but just battle on and it becomes easier everyday!! Infact the same can be said for parenting!!

:)

How_Strange : funny about your dad, I think it's an irish dad thing, I had never (and still haven't!) seen my FIL make more tea than during the time I was bf-ing! As soon as anybody would mention that the baby was hungry/due a feed, he'd be up like a rocket offering to make a brew (aka looking for a reason to leave the room!!)

Advertisement