Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Escapist : Zero Punctuation Game Reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Today on Zero Puncuation: No More Heroes
    Pretty much sums up my opinions on the game perfectly - a nice mixture of crazy cool nuttiness and poor but possibly satirical gameplay flaws.

Great last line to the review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Am I the only one having difficulties watching the ZP reviews the past two weeks? Difficulties as in the embedded video just is not showing up. I've tried Opera and IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is the videoegg thing java based, try updating it(not sure where im getting this from)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

the ZP videos are flash based. Worked fine for me anyways - in Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Totally forgot about this yday.

Excellent review once more. He didn't do a K7 review did he?

• Advertisement

No, not yet. The only game from the previous generation he's done that immediately comes to mind is Psychonauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

and fable, you can find it on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have to say that I think this weeks one is one of his best. He reviews Condemed 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

He really does hit the nail on the head every time. I've only played Condemned 1 but the mini review of that really summed it up. I must really finish it... its too scary tho...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, I watched todays and the biggest laugh for me was his comments about Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit. I remember playing that game myself and going "wtf" at the total plot change & insertion of the generic-ancient-cult strand. Classy,glad I Wasn't the only person who played that game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Finished Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit myself and did find the cult thing rather odd.

Back on topic, one of my favourite ones yet. Started off slowly but once if hit the main review the laughs kept coming. Loved the bit about the serial killer in your house :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I thought this weeks one was absolutely brilliant :D So true aswell haha, great review :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It was more the crap with the super advanced AIs walking about the place that confused me with Fahrenheit.

Excellent review.

The original condemned was indeed pants-fillingly creepy :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Superb review as usual.

And hell yes to the ZP T-shirts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was more the crap with the super advanced AIs walking about the place that confused me with Fahrenheit.
    Oh yeah, I remember. As if ancient mystical cults weren't enough. Oh but then let's just throw in some Matrix superpowers and full on sex for absolutely no reason!

Sorry, off topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Funny review. I have condemned 1, mean to play it just have too many games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was one of the funnier ones alright, but I felt he missed out on some of the games biggest flaws e.g. walk 5 steps away from evidence area to get a better view, and you are now stuck behind a 2 ft box which you aren't allowed climb over so you can't complete that puzzle.
    Or that it just wasn't as scary as the first one, with very few suprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I had to go out and buy a gamepad to try play indigo prophecy on PC and i didnt get beyond the first episode, i got sick of the whiney character and the button mashing tasks.

BTW anyone know if the little horned baddie icon that ZP uses is his own creation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ooo

He just did Brawl today.

I enjoyed it...he's at his most spiteful and thus entertaining...though i say he'll get a bit of a reaction.

• Advertisement

Yahtzee wins again \o/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

He's not a real reviewer really... oh wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Controversial..... but probably fair! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:'(
    I've been trying to load the vid for the last 30 mins using 2 different browsers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ha! Probably my favourite one in quite awhile. For all its hilarious excessiveness, there is probably a glimmer of truth in the points he makes (particularly about button bashing, Nintendo fanboys, unlockables and Marth). Quite biting stuff, sure to outrage some of the more rabid Nintendo fans :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea I think that was his best review yet, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Don't really get the gripes about the unlockables. Takes you less than three hours to get Sonic really if you go the 10 characters on Classic route. Also it only takes 15 matches on Shadow Moses to get Snake. All characters can be unlocked through multiplayer.

His point about the single player is pretty fair though. It's pretty sub-par. It also only really becomes about button-basher if everybody who's playing is ****. Button bashing as Snake, that's a recipe for instant loss. :p

Good review, not the best though. Particularly because I don't agree much with it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very enjoyable review!

I haven't gotten my hands on the game yet, but a lot of his points are applicable to the GC version and I loved that, so I'll just enjoy Yahtzee at his bitter best rather than take it too seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Davidius wrote: »
    Don't really get the gripes about the unlockables. Takes you less than three hours to get Sonic really if you go the 10 characters on Classic route. Also it only takes 15 matches on Shadow Moses to get Snake. All characters can be unlocked through multiplayer.

His point about the single player is pretty fair though. It's pretty sub-par. It also only really becomes about button-basher if everybody who's playing is ****. Button bashing as Snake, that's a recipe for instant loss. :p

Good review, not the best though. Particularly because I don't agree much with it. :pac:

He warned us about the likes of you...!!!

Advertisement