Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Porch

Options
  • 31-07-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I planned to have a front porch built - the current ground area measurements for building this porch are 180cm x225cm - 25cm over the building Regulations (2sqm) - Do I Have to go through the whole Planning permission for 25cm...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ok, firstly I make 1.8m x 2.25 out to be 4.05sq.m

You'll need to go back to exactly what the planning exempt development regulations say.

SI600 of 2001
    CLASS 7

The construction or erection of a porch outside any external door of a house.

1. Any such structure shall be situated not less than 2 metres from any road.

2. The floor area of any such structure shall not exceed 2 square metres.

3. The height of any such structure shall not exceed, in the case of a structure with a tiled or slated pitched roof, 4 metres or, in any other case, 3 metres.

What are the exact internal dimensions?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

MamieNova wrote: »
    I planned to have a front porch built - the current ground area measurements for building this porch are 180cm x225cm - 25cm over the building Regulations (2sqm) - Do I Have to go through the whole Planning permission for 25cm...?

this forum is for general discussions and not advice so get the professional advice of a local planner or architect in respect to your query

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Or Building Surveyor ;)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement