Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st floor underfloor heating query?

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I have installed wet underfloor heating in an old period home and I would like to do the same with the upstairs. I have large wooden joists that I was planning to install 2x1 battons to and fit a 50mm rigid board over which the pipes and screed would fill into.
    After completing a test piece I am unsure if the 50mm rigid board would strong enough on the batons. I have looked up several underfloor companies who recommend even less than what I have done (1x1 batons with 25mm rigid board as an example).
    I know I could lay plywood over the batons or raise the floor but I want to do it with minimum fuss and hassle.
    Does anybody have any experience with this method and maybe you can let me know if my issues are just in my head or if I would be ok in my approach?

Many thanks,

Phil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

How did you get on in the end Phil?

I'm considering this myself - and was thinking the ply would be a good option.

Advertisement