Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire & New Heating system

Options
  • 30-07-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I need to get a full rewire done on our house, and also replace the gas heating (new boiler, new rads, new tank, etc.). As there will presumably be quite a bit of crossover in the 2 jobs, I'd like to get it all done together. What's the best way to approach getting this done? If I source an electrician and RGI/plumber seperately, is it reasonable to then agree a mutually suitable time to do the work and then ask them to work together? Somebody mentioned that I should just find an RGI/plumber and they will have an electrician that they always use for the electrical elements who they could also bring in to do the rewire?

I had originally asked some general contractors out to price the job (I was also including some structural work, but we are now thinking of postponing this element and leaving just the above), but to be honest there didn't seem to be too much interest afterwards and so far we only have 1 quote back - and this one seemed very high. Also, as the people pricing the jobs weren't electricians or plumbers they didn't seem too sure of what was involved or what our options were, so I would be more confident to speak to the experts directly up front.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    (Also any personal recommendations - of course by PM only - would be appreciated)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nj78

Sorry, should have mentioned location as south Dublin (if any PMs for recommended plumber/RGI or Electrician)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

nj78 wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned that I should just find an RGI/plumber and they will have an electrician that they always use for the electrical elements who they could also bring in to do the rewire

Somebody was right:)

Advertisement