Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dividing front garden wall.

Options
  • 29-07-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

just wondering how high can a dividing front wall be including Capping?

My neighbour got some work done in her house and the original wall was 3 blocks high with no capping. now the wall is easily 5 blocks high and is very hard to see when reversing out of the garden. i will get the measuring tape out and put the exact measurements up soon.

anyone able to tell me the regulation height?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

byrner88 wrote: »
    just wondering how high can a dividing front wall be including Capping?

My neighbour got some work done in her house and the original wall was 3 blocks high with no capping. now the wall is easily 5 blocks high and is very hard to see when reversing out of the garden. i will get the measuring tape out and put the exact measurements up soon.

anyone able to tell me the regulation height?

i am fairly sure but subject to correction that the max height in a front garden is 1.2m and 2m to the rear. 5 blocks high assuming on edge would be circa 1.1ish so with capping they are prob on the mark at approx 1.2

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1.2m to the front...without planning permission. It can be higher...if...you get planning permission.

Advertisement