Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance price for full EU licence vs Irish licence

Options
  • 21-07-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

As a french citizen living and driving / cycling in Ireland for 8 years I wonder why wherever I look for car insurance I have to pay higher because my license wasn't delivered by Ireland. I have had no claim (other than my car being broken into 4 years ago), a normal car, I hold my licence for 10 years, I was a named driver in France and never had a claim there either, I am over 25 and I can see my insurance still costs an additional couple of hundred euros higher than if I was holding an Irish license.

Is there any particular reason or just a way for insurance to get more money whenever they can?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 6 taille60

Spear wrote: »
    Try the insurance forum then:

Thank you for the recommendation, this is my first thread on boards.ie. How can I move the thread to the insurance forum?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can't move threads yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 taille60

OK I have duplicated the thread under the "Banking & Insurance & Pensions" Forum. I can't copy the link here as I'm too new on the boards.ie so for those interested it you may search it with the same title.

Advertisement