Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wow meet up night.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Akarinn wrote: »
    Why would you pay €60
    15x3 = 45
    People like you are the reason these guilds never work out
    Yes, i see your point, i moved toons over to make a go of it and stayed till the end
    you have one bad experience and then come onto boards to spout about it
    i have been posting on the wow forum for about 8 years
    The thread started off with an idea to make a Meet up night and then got hi-jacked by people who dont want to meet up IRL but prefer to do it online.

Are any of the people who suggested playing at home actually meeting up with eachother or as per usual was it all talk?
    yes, was derailed by you. people gave good reasons of why it doesnt normally work.

having read your old thread i now know why your sour. you went all 'find a friend' and nobody was interested, so you came here to ruin this other lads attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I would be interested in this but I'm living in galway. I gave up playing WoW a while ago as it was dead on my server and the games quality it now desperate. I've always wanted to play on a private server risk free,maybe a vanilla or TBC server so maybe we could do something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

I wonder when will the original poster of the thread write back XD

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rozelia21

I think it would be a nice idea to get some irish people together to play WoW, just for fun. Some people here seem to take it way too seriously. o.o The idea of starting new characters and leveling them together could be great craic especially if we had teamspeak or ventrilo for those living further away. Could start off playing at our own homes and get used to each other before meet ups start. I'm in Limerick myself so meet ups would be difficult to get to in Dublin. Unfortunately I think the negative people scared off the op... I''ll be returning to WoW when college finishes up for the summer so it would be nice if something started up here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

If someone wants to name a realm and faction they wana play on just mention it :) ill be happy to level up a new char with people

Wow these days is just truly terrible. cata was rubbish, panda's wtf? and now outland/dranor time travel because why not!?
    I think it'll be a great idea to set up a private server.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

im always up for leveling a new char or playing with other peeps !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I have a Mumble server that I would be happy to offer for use. Also at this point should we drop this thread and look to the other one Ryanakabyitz started which is suggesting playing together via battle tags?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057152072

RopeDrink wrote: »
    First of all, private servers are a no-no in general - Please don't try to organize one here on Boards or you land the site in trouble.

Secondly, considering we had Pandaren before WoW, I'm not sure why people play the 'Pandas WTF' card.

Cataclysm was a necessary evil as the old game-world needed to be revamped - And basing an expansion around the destruction of it seemed like an original move, compared to revisiting older content like they do now with MoP and Draenor. That's not saying it was a great expansion - But I found it to be one of the less annoying ones, personally.

Either way - None of that is relevant to the topic - So let's not have a discussion about expansions in a thread based on meet-ups. They can be discussed in their own thread(s).

Thanks.

I'm sorry for suggesting a private server, I know they arnt exactly legal, it just seemed to me most people liked vanilla-wrath and hated cata-MoP. And as blizz arnt doing legacy servers anytime soon I just suggested it in brainstorming. Again I apologize.

I'm all up for gaming with you guys and I'd return to WoW in a heartbeat if we all had a server and a guild.The good thing about the new expansion is its a fresh start and a good chance for us to all start new characters and have fun leveling them up. WoD is in alpha now if I'm right so beta isn't too far. Why don't we pick a realm and faction and grab the game when it comes out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement