Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know the name of this BBC programme from the 90's?!

Options
  • 04-09-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

For quite some time I've been trying to recall/find out the name of a programme that I used to watch with some bemusement when I was a teenager despite the fact that it was quite "intellectual".
    It aired during the mid and late 90's and involved a male English intellectual who was in 40's (maybe early 50's). Essentially this man would walk as he was talking directly to the camera and would be almost expressionless while doing so. He would talk about historical happenings and various intellectual ideas and as he would do so the background (as in the place where he was walking: be it a church, a beach, a forest or whatever) would change in an instant with little or no reference made to this change of scenery by the man.

If anyone could name this programme for me I would be very grateful. This little pickle has wrecked my head for a very long time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Corkyrambo wrote: »
    For quite some time I've been trying to recall/find out the name of a programme that I used to watch with some bemusement when I was a teenager despite the fact that it was quite "intellectual".
    It aired during the mid and late 90's and involved a male English intellectual who was in 40's (maybe early 50's). Essentially this man would walk as he was talking directly to the camera and would be almost expressionless while doing so. He would talk about historical happenings and various intellectual ideas and as he would do so the background (as in the place where he was walking: be it a church, a beach, a forest or whatever) would change in an instant with little or no reference made to this change of scenery by the man.

If anyone could name this programme for me I would be very grateful. This little pickle has wrecked my head for a very long

Jonathan Meades?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corkyrambo

Jonathan Meades?[/quote]

Thank you so much! Yes, that is the guy! I couldn't, for the life me, remember his name. Thanks again! You've saved me a lot of head-scratching.

Advertisement