Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2600.ie meet this friday!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

some nice pics of our proud payphones are up now too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

In regards to your new image on your sig ciscokid
    Johnny-B-Goode writes "Tim Richardson reports - NTL has sacked one of its employees for gross misconduct after he hacked into the independent customer forum ntlhell.co.uk.

The hack - which included sending the members of ntlhell.co.uk a derogatory email - took place on New Year's Eve.

The incident was traced back to someone working at NTL using one of the company's computers. Last week, an un-named employee was suspended from the cableco following a three-week internal investigation.

Yesterday, that individual was dismissed. They have five days to appeal the company's decision.

Those behind ntlhell.co.uk had written to NTL asking that no one should lose their job over the incident.

But in a statement NTL said: Following the hacking of an ntlhell.co.uk user forum which took place on 31st Dec 2002, NTL has conducted a thorough investigation and identified the employee concerned.

The employee has been dismissed on grounds of gross misconduct. The employee has five working days in which to consider whether or not to appeal. It is not appropriate that NTL discloses the name or identity of the employee. ®

Article and source;
    http://212.100.234.54/content/55/29012.html

Related items;
    NTL suspends employee over ntlhell.co.uk hack
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/28935.html

NTL in alleged hack probe
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/28739.html"

he he keep up the good work.

Best Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    Thats a Lie i tell ya!

I work for apache I am far to cool to work for m$

Cool, i'll have a 12" with pepperoni, onion and green pepper, thnx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by eth0_
    Cool, i'll have a 12" with pepperoni, onion and green pepper, thnx!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Kevin Mitnick is an egotistical gobsheen! He said he didn;t mind the hack because it must have made the hackers feel great, hacking the page of one of the greatest hackers there is, or words to that effect.

It's a wonder his head can fit through his front door.

Originally posted by eth0_

It's a wonder his head can fit through his front door.

I think the same thing about some people, who try to comment on other peoples posts all the time. Or try to gather some sort of attenion for themselfs. Sad really.

Altough saying kevin is this I would not agree, along with a vast number of posts you make deary in the technology sections of these boards.

Regards

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    I think the same thing about some people, who try to comment on other peoples posts all the time. Or try to gather some sort of attenion for themselfs. Sad really.

Quit being such a martyr and bring it to a new thread.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Quit being such a martyr and bring it to a new thread.

No problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Fine. On that note, this thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement