Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s2 - Connection Lag

Options
  • 26-01-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Can anyone please help?

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 for the last 6 months and i think it is the best phone i have ever had, until it started to develop a really annoying issue in the last 2 weeks...

When i make a call, the call goes through but all the option buttons are grayed out for approximately 15 seconds (this time varys but it is around 15).

This means that the person at the other end cannot hear me for this 15 seconds until the phone clicks in and then the call timer starts!

Can anyone pleas let me know a fix as it is really causing me issues and i really dont want to do phone reset.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You try a factory reset. Android slows over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You try a factory reset. Android slows over time.

You should explain that a Factory Reset is a Nuclear Option....you lose all data and user-installed Apps........this is a drastic last resort, and I would not do it, unless you back up your SD Card, or External SD.

Also, perhaps use Titanium Backup to backup your existing Apps, and restore Apps only after reset, don't bother with data or system Apps.

If you have Custom Recovery, like ClockWorkMod, make a Nandroid backup, so at least you can restore your previous system if things go belly-up.....

Or, if you use ODIN or Kies, have the latest ROM ready to flash......preferably ODIN....look all this up, in XDA, or Modaco, there is lots of help.

As for Android slowing over time, don't know about that.....

Try fix permissions from ROM Manager, if you have it, or Clockwork, or this App, if you are rooted: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.stericson.permissionfix&hl=en

Don't just wipe your phone, like have you backed up all contacts and SMS???

It's a silly suggestion, try fix without taking drastic step.....Android is Linux, not Windoze!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

Thanks for the advice guys - ill try anything before i do a reset...will let you know how i get on... if anyone else out there has experienced similar problems it would be great to hear from them?

Advertisement