Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough collies.

Options
  • 29-11-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have a beautiful Rough collie girl .She is 8 month old.
    Well,the reason for this post ,really,IS THERE MORE OF US IN CORK AREA???
    It would be lovely to have playmates,have walks together some time and get to now each other,because we have THE MOST GORGEOUS dogs in the world!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭meitina

posted it a while ago ,but still wondering!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Is she a cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

tommy21 wrote: »
    Is she a cross?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

at times Topdog.ie arrange walks in the cork area

http://www.topdog.ie/

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I know a few people (including my mum) who go on walks roughly every 2 weeks if you send me a pm I could get you in contact with them. They have a samoyed (which is a big softie and really good with smaller dogs) and a shetland sheepdog and at least one other. I know there are other rough collies about but I don't know if any would go walking in a group

• Advertisement

tommy21 wrote: »
    Is she a cross?

No ,she is pure breed.;)

Thank you Shelly G.
    That is very useful.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mazzie

Just came across your post. After a number of months of debating whether to get another dog, our dog Ben went missing back in Oct, we are thinking about another dog, wont replace him but I cant live without a dog either. Anyways, we live on a farm and have always had border collies but always wanted a rough collie. how did you go about getting your dog? have been looking on the net etc but dont want to go down the wrong route so any help on how to contact the correct breeder would be great :)

Hi!
    Sorry about your loss.Its so sad to lose a friend.And yes you will never replace him.But a new pup will definitely heal your heart.And will bring so much joy.
    I had another way about 20 years ago- my lovely 5 month old rough collie pup died,and a month later my grandad brought me a rescue dog .She was around year old ,very badly kept rough collie girl. both of us were delighted!And she was
    part of our family,the best pet ever!Still very much in our hearts.
    And because of her I own my collie girl now again.
    If you ask me - my dog just came to me .As I always wanted one,happened the one ad i looked at -was the right one .and the dog i picked was the one who picked me,just came and sat by my leg.
    But if you want to make sure you get the right dog maybe the rough collie club can be help-Rough Collie Club of Ireland

Mrs. J. Walsh
    1St Josephs Villa, Athboy, Co. Meath.
    (046-9432027) Email: walsh.joan@gmail.com
    or
    http://www.champdogs.co.uk/guided/all_rough-collie_breeders_Ireland.html
    Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mazzie

Thanks for that :) looked into getting a rescue dog so waiting on input from them as well but just wanted another option - thanks again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement