Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S2 €139 on Meteor?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Are you me :D
    maynooth_rules, did you get the phone/contract/anything at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

was in Meteor in Dundrum the other day..they said demand is very high..no stock for at least 3 weeks...nipped up to cpw..picked up one for 140 (150 - 10er discount for crappy trade in phone) on the 20/pm tariff over 18 months..good value. Meteors customer care is still pants though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Yeah, I just see on FatCheese that there is a delay in the tracking of Meteor rabates - although they ARE still being tracked. They must be being overwhelmed with orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Drama. I ordered online but there was no way to upgrade from a "sim only" plan which I was on. wanted to get the €5 / month discount on a 12 month plan so €30 and phone for €169. no dice.

called customer care and said what I wanted and eventually she said ok, called a store, they had 1 left and said no problem. wicked - got the phone for €149 and on the €30/month with free meteor calls/txt (although have to confirm that with customer care retention)

WOW factor is high on this phone so far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just so people know, I went to Meteor on Grafton street last week as a VF PAYG customer. They matched the online deal (30 euro for the 35 contract - 12 months), gave me the SGS2 for 130 and gave me 50 euros worth of accessories, which are crap (although they offered a bluetooth headset).

Has anyone that ordered online recently received their contract or phone yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

marathonic wrote: »
    Has anyone that ordered online recently received their contract or phone yet?
    I ordered online 28/7, paid deposit yesterday and received my contract today. Hopefully I'll have the phone next week sometime.

Jilm wrote: »
    I ordered online 28/7, paid deposit yesterday and received my contract today. Hopefully I'll have the phone next week sometime.

Thanks. I ordered on 29/7. I've just received a text message saying they've received my order but are experiencing delays due to large volumes of orders received.

They'll be processing it soon but I'm in no panic because I've about 6 weeks free calls and texts, free unlimited data and 20 euro credit with Three at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Thanks. I ordered on 29/7. I've just received a text message saying they've received my order but are experiencing delays due to large volumes of orders received.

Same here, although we ordered it on the 30th. The purchase price of the phone has come off my credit card already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

anybody here try to get one in an upgrade? if so, what was the cost. My contract is up next month and really want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

PrzemoF wrote: »
    Looks like they are too busy - didnt' get the contract, tried to call them - no luck, emailed customer support - no luck. Yesterday I tried to find customer number on meteor.ie, but it disappeared (or I'm going mental - I used that number last week). When I called them last Thursday at 5 pm there was a message recorded: "our lines are open till 7 p.m, you cannot leave a message - the voice mail is full"

I was complaining some time ago about Three, now the Meteor. There must be something wrong with me ;)

Good luck with that. You guys should read these meteor threads more often. Although, unless you've experienced it, you probably wouldn't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

kenny111 wrote: »
    anybody here try to get one in an upgrade? if so, what was the cost. My contract is up next month and really want one.

I rang them the other day and was quoted E110 on 18 month E30

Only thing is they have no stock....

btard wrote: »
    Good luck with that. You guys should read these meteor threads more often. Although, unless you've experienced it, you probably wouldn't believe it.

I reckin two can play that game..... I got 20 euro free credit and a months free unlimited data, texts, weekend calls and Three to Three calls. I also have 2 weeks left of my original allowance.

Therefore, if I receive the contract, I'm leaving it a couple of weeks before returning it. If I'm asked for a deposit, I'm refusing - by the time 6 weeks come around, I imagine there'll be some new handsets on sale (or at least announced).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I got it for 139 and 30eu pm by calling meteor.
    It's an upgrade on meteor bill pay, said I will have the phone mid next week.
    Could have got it for 70 but needed to get off my 55pm old contract

Update: called back, paid deposit (again ???), got my contract, signed, scanned, sent back. Hopefully I'll get my phone later this week.

• Advertisement

subway wrote: »
    I got it for 139 and 30eu pm by calling meteor.
    It's an upgrade on meteor bill pay, said I will have the phone mid next week.
    Could have got it for 70 but needed to get off my 55pm old contract
    ordered friday evening, arrived today.
    so far so good. now to read through some threads and get rid of the serious amount of ****e software on the phone

subway wrote: »
    ordered friday evening, arrived today.
    [..]

I ordered 2 weeks ago - still waiting. :mad:

Could it be the contarct? I was just upgrading so straight sale without anything to sign or scan etc.

Does anyone know at what point do they ask for the deposit? I've received the contract via email but no request for a deposit yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bown 1

no thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know at what point do they ask for the deposit? I've received the contract via email but no request for a deposit yet.
    That's what I received:

[..]Thank you for your recent application to Meteor Bill Pay Online. I am pleased to inform you that your application has been approved pending payment of a deposit of €80. This deposit will be held on your account for a period of seven months. After seven months (March) this deposit of €80 will be paid back to you. You can pay this deposit by calling us on 1800 777 085 between the hours of 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday with your Laser/Credit Card details. As soon as the deposit is paid you will receive your contract to sign and then we can send your phone out to you. You can then begin to use the Meteor Network and enjoy great offers available to all Meteor Customers.[..]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Heard nothing back after ordering last Wednesday too. On hold at the moment to the billpay line, have been for a good while now.

EDIT: Just off the phone with a rep there. She said my order is due to be processed tomorrow so I'll receive the email tomorrow or Friday. Big backlog due to the amount or orders coming in. That's fine, an email telling me it'd be a longer wait than 4 business days for the contract would have been helpful though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

was offered renewal of contract, thought for 30minutes, tried ring sales - waste of time, got call after weekend, unfortunately no phones SG2 available even i can see on site, promised to call me when SG2 in stock, no calls for 3 days, price up to 169.99, i think will go to three after all :mad:

I ordered 2 weeks ago - still waiting. :mad:
    Tomorrow will be 3 weeks .... and I'm still (guess what) for my phone.
    Anyone in the same situation? Meteor must have huuuge delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks .... and I'm still (guess what) for my phone.
    Anyone in the same situation? Meteor must have huuuge delays.

How long have you signed your contract?

Sent mine back this morning....is it too much expecting it by the end of the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Meteor say two working days to receive the phone once you send the contract back. That's how long it took for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I sent my contract back thursday.

Phone arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I sent my contract back thursday.

Phone arrived today

I was on the phone all day to Meteor yesterday and they said they have no stock

Are they lying as you recieved your phone?

How much did you pay,Ta

big_show wrote: »
    How long have you signed your contract?

Sent mine back this morning....is it too much expecting it by the end of the week?
    The contract has been sent back on Monday 8th, so it's over a week ago. I emailed a scan, so I'm quite sure it got delivered on tha same day :)

I'm expecting to get my first bill before the phone arrives ;)

Edit:
    The phone just arrived - it was worth to wait!! It's fantastic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 coylerwhaa

ordered the phone via the website on the 10th, received the automated reply saying the contract would be sent within 4 working days but up until today received nada.
    Rang the sales line this afternoon to enquire why I had not heard anything only to be told that they had not sent the contract out because they were out of stock
    Explained politely that it was unacceptable to accept my order & take payment for the phone if they did not have the stock to complete the order & then compound the issue by not keeping me informed at all. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, was put through to another person, explained my situation & frustration again & was promptly told that they were indeed out of stock but a phone had become available:D
    They sent the contract out within 15 minutes, I scanned the necessary docs & sent it back, was told I would receive the phone monday but am not counting chickens just yet.
    Apologies if anyone ordered an S2 before the 10th & is still waiting for their contract cos I may be getting your phone:rolleyes: my advice is call them & politely kick up a bit of a fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I ported over to Meteor PAYG from Three about a week ago. Is there any way for me to take advantage of the EUR 140 price and keep my number?

I was thinking I could port over to another network for a day or two and then port back? Or just pick up a new SIM, port that number and then request to port my existing number from the PAYG account after a few days.

Advertisement