Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Panic Staining EVERYTHING!!! HELP!

Options
  • 28-05-2015 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey everyone!
    I recently decided to dye parts of my hair blue. Now I took my time deciding on a good product to use without bleach and found Manic Panic, that it apparently washes out completely after a few months and you wouldn't notice any dye left! It sounded perfect. So I ordered it on-line and once I got it I had to try it and I followed the instructions perfectly, I had watched their videos on their website. Once I had rinsed as much of the colour as I could out (it was running almost clear as stated on their packaging) I put it in a towel which I was okay with getting stained as I've had red and green hair before I knew what to expect. But when I was drying my hair my hands turned blue! That night I covered my pillow case and am so glad cause the dye had turned my face blue in the night and while I was out earlier today it turned my neck completely blue!!!! :( It was so embarrassing.
    I used nail polish remover to get rid of some as I heard rubbing alcohol does a great job but I went to Boots who don't carry it and was then informed by an unbelievable rude pharmacist in another chemist, I shall not name, that Ireland is not licensed to carry that for regular sale, anywho the nail polish remover hurt my neck a lot. I went into Woodies and I got swarfega which it a nice gel based remover but its drying my skin out.
    I was wondering has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? What product would you recommend using that doesn't bleed all the live long day?
    Thank you for reading my long post! ^_^
    Have a lovely evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Use an anti dandruff shampoo to gradually remove the color, to remove dye staining I use loreals micellar water (tesco about €7.50). The easier option would be to get a hair dresser to remove the color/dye but that would most likely leave your hair very frazzled and dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Fairy liquid is good for removing the stains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Yes, manic panic bleeds all over everything for a few days.

I wouldnt be using rubbing alcohol, nail varnish remover, swarfega or anything like that on my skin or my hair.

Just keep your hair tied up away from your skin and sleep on a towel for a few nights while washing your hair daily with a mild shampoo - it only does this initially, it will settle.

Use a clarifying shampoo to get the excess dye out, and use oil to remove the color transfer on your skin. It might take a few shampoos to get the excess dye under control.

Poor thing, you must have looked like a Smurf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CiaraScully

Candie wrote: »
    Use a clarifying shampoo to get the excess dye out, and use oil to remove the color transfer on your skin. It might take a few shampoos to get the excess dye under control.

Poor thing, you must have looked like a Smurf!

Yup, I sure do, my friends are getting a kick out of it so I guess it could be worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Lol I had to laugh at the smurf comment ��could you try a salcylic acid based product that is used for spots, it should help remove the top dead layer of skin safely, or crushed up aspirin. I can imagine your hair is lovely do hopefully after a few days it will stop dying your skin and stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

molly09 wrote: »
    Lol I had to laugh at the smurf comment ��could you try a salcylic acid based product that is used for spots, it should help remove the top dead layer of skin safely, or crushed up aspirin. I can imagine your hair is lovely do hopefully after a few days it will stop dying your skin and stuff!!

This won't help at all as salicylic acid isn't the best for removing layers of old/dead skin if you wanted to do this you would be better off using an AHA or alpha hydroxy acid such as glycolic acid. Also the dye would be too deep in the skin to be removed by this method so it would take too long. Secondly aspirin although contains salicylic acid just because you crush it up and put it on your skin it doesn't magically turn into the salicylic acid that can be absorbed by the skin.

The best thing for the op to do is first of all keep their hair off their neck as much as possible. They should also stop using nail varnish remover and the other products on their neck as these are very harsh on the skin. Op you should try using oil to cleanse your neck this may help remove some of the dye. A clarifying shampoo should then be used to remove excess dye from the hair I recommend one by Joico. At night you can place a towel down over your pillow case or else use an old T-shirt as your pillow case. Another thing you can do is put a thin layer of Vaseline on your neck and where you have had the staining as it will prevent further staining while you sleep it will also lock in the moisture helping your skin after the harsh products that have been used.

Advertisement