Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL laser and Rosacea

Options
  • 28-05-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice

My doc has told me I have Rosacea and IPL might be the way to go.i have been waiting 18 months for an appointment in beumont hospital so I've decided to go private.
    I contacted the beacon clinic and it's €200 for a consultation and then €100 for a skin patch test.if IPL laser is the way forward it's €120 a session.
    I also checked online and found myderma clinic which consultation is free and IPL is the same price as beacon.
    Now I know the Beacon clinic have a qualified Dermatologist but if treatment is the same(IPL)would it make a difference who I chose to do the treatment?

Any advice would be appricated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Looking for advice

My doc has told me I have Rosacea and IPL might be the way to go.i have been waiting 18 months for an appointment in beumont hospital so I've decided to go private.
    I contacted the beacon clinic and it's €200 for a consultation and then €100 for a skin patch test.if IPL laser is the way forward it's €120 a session.
    I also checked online and found myderma clinic which consultation is free and IPL is the same price as beacon.
    Now I know the Beacon clinic have a qualified Dermatologist but if treatment is the same(IPL)would it make a difference who I chose to do the treatment?

Any advice would be appricated
    I got IPL done for €80 as a groupon deal at a skin clinic and it was fine. I found I have redness again in my skin about a year later. It's not a treatment I would do too often though and it's certainly not a cure for rosacea but it does help. Have you made sure to eliminate perfume, essential oils and alcohol from your skincare regime? All worsen rosacea

Advertisement