Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron N5040 not booting when connected to AC adapter

Options
  • 18-09-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I went to turn on my Dell Inspiron N5040 laptop this evening, and it froze for a few minutes on the Windows welcome screen, so I restarted it. It has now refused to turn on. The battery failed on it a few months back, so have just been using the adaptor as a power source. At the minute, with the adaptor in, the power light blinks every 30 seconds, but if I press the power button, it doesn't do anything. I've tried holding down the power button to do a power dump (google told me to do this) but to no avail. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and potentially have some good news that doesn't involve me spending extortionate amounts of money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

is the battery still connected to the laptop, if it is try remove and connect the power source only

Advertisement