Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a ultrabook asap

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I've just started a business accelerator this week and typically on the first day my laptop died. It now gives me blue screen of death randomly throughout the day, typically just before I save an important document.

Have €0 budget but know ultrabooks are expensive.
    Does anyone know of a really good deal on at the moment? If there is a great deal I will buy with my flexible friend... if not I may wait a week or so, hope my laptop doesnt go in the meantime.

(edit: jsut got BSOD writing this message!:mad::mad::mad::mad:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

deegs wrote: »
    I've just started a business accelerator this week and typically on the first day my laptop died. It now gives me blue screen of death randomly throughout the day, typically just before I save an important document.

Have €0 budget but know ultrabooks are expensive.
    Does anyone know of a really good deal on at the moment? If there is a great deal I will buy with my flexible friend... if not I may wait a week or so, hope my laptop doesnt go in the meantime.

(edit: jsut got BSOD writing this message!:mad::mad::mad::mad:)

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but Dell are doing a slight discount on the XPS 13 at the moment (I'm writing this on one with i7 4th Gen, 256GB SSD and 8GB Ram), you can get an extra 15% off by joining their VIP club.

It's a beast, I run Graphics Programs, Photoshop, Chrome with about 30 Tabs open, 1 or 2 other programs all at the same time and it's STILL fast as anything. No Lag at all.

Touchscreen, Full HD, Ultra Light, Really Small for a 13" screen, You can stretch about 9 hours out of the battery and it's very sleek looking.

If you apply all the discounts from Above you'll get it for about a grand, Get the VAT back, you'll get it for about €800.

A bargain if you compare it to other really high end ultrabooks or a comparable MAC Book.

If this doesn't suit, try ebay.co.uk and look at the deals section. They constantly have refurbished deals (As good as new 99% of the time), and you'll find a few Ultrabooks in there. Lenovo also have a staff section on their website which gets 15% off, plus its in Ireland so you can get the VAT back. If you post a thread here looking for a login/password you should get it (I got one here before buying the XPS 13).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Appreciate the advice, would really love a xps13 but I reckon it might be a bit beyond my budget. Great call on the ebay deals though... I'll have a look now
    Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but Dell are doing a slight discount on the XPS 13 at the moment (I'm writing this on one with i7 4th Gen, 256GB SSD and 8GB Ram), you can get an extra 15% off by joining their VIP club.

It's a beast, I run Graphics Programs, Photoshop, Chrome with about 30 Tabs open, 1 or 2 other programs all at the same time and it's STILL fast as anything. No Lag at all.

Touchscreen, Full HD, Ultra Light, Really Small for a 13" screen, You can stretch about 9 hours out of the battery and it's very sleek looking.

If you apply all the discounts from Above you'll get it for about a grand, Get the VAT back, you'll get it for about €800.

A bargain if you compare it to other really high end ultrabooks or a comparable MAC Book.

If this doesn't suit, try ebay.co.uk and look at the deals section. They constantly have refurbished deals (As good as new 99% of the time), and you'll find a few Ultrabooks in there. Lenovo also have a staff section on their website which gets 15% off, plus its in Ireland so you can get the VAT back. If you post a thread here looking for a login/password you should get it (I got one here before buying the XPS 13).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

deegs wrote: »
    Appreciate the advice, would really love a xps13 but I reckon it might be a bit beyond my budget. Great call on the ebay deals though... I'll have a look now

Well you can also get one with a Smaller Hard Drive and Less Ram which will lessen the price. These are both upgradable which you could do when you have a bit more Múla!

It sounds like I work for Dell haha! Trust me I don't, they give a new meaning to Crap Customer Service but make exceptional products at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

looked for ages... finally wrecked my head and bought from dell site.
    got inspiron 14 deal for €629 (with 10% VIP off) will be my 9th dell.
    Would have loved an XPS but too pricy... thanks for help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

At a later stage, when you get the cash, consider throwing in a 240GB SSD drive from Crucial or Corsair. The speed increase is lovely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement