Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sea Angling Club in Galway City.

Options
  • 24-10-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Just to inform ye all about a new sea angling club in Galway,

For both Shore and boat competitions and outings.

http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/

It was set up because the other local clubs seem to prefer running competitions outside of Co.Galway!! :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Just to inform ye all about a new sea angling club in Galway,

For both Shore and boat competitions and outings.

It was set up because the other local clubs seem to prefer running competitions outside of Co.Galway!! :eek:

Steve
    Maybe try attracting new members by extolling the virtues of your club, instead of slagging off other local clubs - as a member of the other local club, I wish you guys the best of luck, and I'll support your competitions too, but I'd rather you promoted your club in a better way than this. And from recollection, even when the other local club did hold comps in Co. Galway, you weren't exactly a regular attendee yourself! :eek: In fact, I can't remember the last time you did attend one...

Perhaps posting details of upcoming outings and comps, like the Salthill one, a bit of info as to what you're about, what species and places you'll be fishing, etc. might be a better way to promote the club

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

I'm not slagging off the 'other club' as I'm also a member of that club too!!

Just stating that it is set up for Galway based anglers with boat & shore comps all based in Galway.

As for my attendance, what has that to do with the price of fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sai_saltydog

Just to clarify:

Galway Buccaneers SAC was set up as an extra option for Galway based anglers. Providing 10 shore and 6 boat competitions all based in Galway, along with regular club outings targeting specific species of fish from Wexford to Donegal and from Kerry to Belfast.

With another Galway based club gone to the wall this year we felt compelled to give Galway anglers and indeed those from neighbouring Counties, the opportunity to sample the best angling that Galway has to offer from Boat and Shore. Also as mentioned above it provides an extra option for anglers.

I would like to see two (and hopefully even more) successful sea angling clubs in Galway as it certainly has the potential and the capacity to be a bastion for sea angling in the West.

If your interesting in joining the Galway Buccaneers SAC contact details can be found on our website: www.galwaybuccaneerssac.com

Thanks for reading and tight lines one and all.

Conor Mountaine

Secretary Galway Buccaneers SAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doggie1313

as a member of both clubs, i think the point should be made that our new club, galway buccanners sac,is aimed towards anglers who are more intrested in fun meets and gatherings..also it will be running boat compititions and boat gatherings,something no other galway club is doing at present....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

thats excellent,could someone please activate my account in the forums please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

thats excellent,could someone please activate my account in the forums please

done!

done!

k but forgot my password so went through the process of retreiving a new one but got this message

"Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mga1761

If you're not a Club Member, you'll have limited access to the forum as mentioned on the Club Website and Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sai_saltydog

done!

k but forgot my password so went through the process of retreiving a new one but got this message

"Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator"

:(

Jimmy gimme a shout whatever evening your free and I'll meet up with you and go through a few bits and pieces...

Conor

gimme a shout whatever evening your free and I'll meet up with you and go through a few bits and pieces...

Conor

k will do

• Advertisement
Advertisement