Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent 4211 Vs 4212

• 10-11-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Just seen the 'new' (!) netbook in PC World.Seriously how stupid do these people think we are ...The new one is 399 vs 379 euro and it has a SMALLER screen(with a horrid large plastic bezel/surround) 8.9" vs 10 and noticeably inferior webcam .If you use webcam a lot you need to REALLY do your homework on 4211/MSI Winds ,same with the touchpads,the later versions have inferior examples of both .Still seems to be the best of the netbooks to me although the Samsung NC10(?) may be 'new best'.Id love a 'gamers' ASUS N10 but the price is astronomical (600ish)for a netbook...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The 4212 has a 6 cell battery whereas the 4211 has a 3 cell battery. Couple the bigger battery with the smaller screen and it will give much better battery life than the 4211. That's probably the main advantage of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

The keyboard on the 4212 is naff, absolutely an awful thing to type with. Whereas the 4211 has a lovely keyboard for a netbook. A colleague of mine has it set up with 2GB of RAM, wireless N (with the 3rd antenna installed), and a 320GB HDD. Perfect little baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Ah right didnt know about the bigger battery I guess that balances it out ...Whats the story with a 'third aerial' for wireless 'draft'(?)N .I got a 'better' Intel wireless card for the misus' 4211 but it didnt seem much better than the stock one.The 2GB RAM is nice for multitasking and intensive applications even if it makes little difference in benchmarks like SuperPi

Advertisement