Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin marathon elite Field

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Freddy Keron did just enough to win in Belfast, likewise with Kimutai and Brandon in Limerick. For example Brandon outkicked the Claw in the Samsung 10km night run last April in 30 minutes flat. These guys can run faster when required.

Paul Koech Kimutai ran 2.16 last year for the marathon. But more interesting he ran 64 minutes in Brazil last May for the half in extreme humidity. Big Turd would not like the level of your research skills!

The best I can do is give the times they ran this year. I can't factor in how fast they might run if pushed. If I could, I would clean out the bookies. I just gave the facts of their times.

Peter Brandon done a lot more than just enough to win in Limerick. He was 5 minutes ahead of second.

None of Kimutai's times are on his IAAF profile and I can't read Portuguese. I missed a few results. Jaysus!! I only posted them to give the other posters an idea of their capabilities. Not to be some journalistic masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Any reason why mick clohisey isn't running?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ghost in Cratloe

None of Kimutai's times are on his IAAF profile and I can't read Portuguese. I missed a few results. Jaysus!! I only posted them to give the other posters an idea of their capabilities. Not to be some journalistic masterpiece.

Sorry its been lashing rain in Cratloe Woods all day and I am cranky and drenched!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sorry its been lashing rain in Cratloe Woods all day and I am cranky and drenched!

Do you know who was the brains behind putting those black edgy stones on the trails? I picked up a heel injury running downhill over them :mad:

YFlyer wrote: »
    Do you know who was the brains behind putting those black edgy stones on the trails? I picked up a heel injury running downhill over them :mad:

Ghosts don't have feet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Ghosts don't have feet!

what does the ball be chained to then? **** sake do ya know anything?

Any reason why mick clohisey isn't running?

He is preparing for a Cross Country Season with the European's in Bulgaria as the main target. He will probably look to a Spring marathon for his debut. He was training in Font Romeu with the Endurance squad for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

He is preparing for a Cross Country Season with the European's in Bulgaria as the main target. He will probably look to a Spring marathon for his debut. He was training in Font Romeu with the Endurance squad for the past few weeks.

I was just going to say I haven't seen him out pounding the pavements in a while ( he lives near my gaff) - great to see how he does in the Spring marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Paddy Power have posted odds! Delighted to make the page, but seems PP are purely looking at PBs rather than form:
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&ev_class_id=22&disp_cat_id=&ev_type_id=24982&ev_oc_grp_ids=1944637

Some anomalies indeed. They obviously haven't seen my recent results :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

bazman wrote: »
    Paddy Power have posted odds! Delighted to make the page, but seems PP are purely looking at PBs rather than form:
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&ev_class_id=22&disp_cat_id=&ev_type_id=24982&ev_oc_grp_ids=1944637

Some anomalies indeed. They obviously haven't seen my recent results :-)

I just checked the profiles of the female 'elites' there and Maria MCCambridges stats this year (specifically her HM time this year) is by far the best. She is great value at 7/1, just stuck €30 on her.
    Anyone got any further insight into the men's field?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

menoscemo wrote: »
    I just checked the profiles of the female 'elites' there and Maria MCCambridges stats this year (specifically her HM time this year) is by far the best. She is great value at 7/1, just stuck €30 on her.
    Anyone got any further insight into the men's field?

The men's 7/4 favourite Merkebu Birke has a HM pb more than two minutes faster than anyone else in the field (1:00:14), although he doesn't appear to have run a marathon yet. Based on that HM time though, 7/4 could look a very big price after the race.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    The men's 7/4 favourite Merkebu Birke has a HM pb more than two minutes faster than anyone else in the field (1:00:14), although he doesn't appear to have run a marathon yet. Based on that HM time though, 7/4 could look a very big price after the race.

http://www.all-athletics.com/node/616380
    Yeah but this year he has only ran 1:03:14.
    The women's odds on favourite Esther Macharia http://www.all-athletics.com/node/521402 has a Marathon from this year of 2:38:49, I would expect McCambride to run significantly faster than that. Her HM PB is 1:15 and Maria ran 72 last month...

The women's odds on favourite Esther Macharia http://www.all-athletics.com/node/521402 has a Marathon from this year of 2:38:49, I would expect McCambride to run significantly faster than that. Her HM PB is 1:15 and Maria ran 72 last month...

Sounds like Maria is the value bet so.
    Drinks on you in McGrattans tomorrow if she wins yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Sounds like Maria is the value bet so.
    Drinks on you in McGrattans tomorrow if she wins yeah?

Hang on until Monday yaboya. It's only heroes like myself who will be swilling in mcgrattans on Sunday. I have to do a demo run for you losers before the big day ;)

Odds are all changing, McCambidge in to 11/2. G O'H backed in from 500/1 to 150/1!!

On closer inspection, I think the 19yo Ethiopian could be a bit of value in the women's race at 5/1. She has a similar HM pb to Maria from earlier this year and ran (& won) a 2:38 in her sole marathon to date (also this year). At her age and with the possibility that she wasn't pushed that hard to win, she may be capable of a much better time.

On closer inspection, I think the 19yo Ethiopian could be a bit of value in the women's race at 5/1. She has a similar HM pb to Maria from earlier this year and ran (& won) a 2:38 in her sole marathon to date (also this year). At her age and with the possibility that she wasn't pushed that hard to win, she may be capable of a much better time.

Somebody must have the same idea as you as she is not 5/1 anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Don't think Freddy Keron Sittuk is running so wouldn't be backing him

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

eldiva wrote: »
    Don't think Freddy Keron Sittuk is running so wouldn't be backing him

Freddy is not running.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoTheDistance

NiallG4 wrote: »
    Freddy is not running.

Why is Freddy not running? Injured?

• Advertisement

Why is Freddy not running? Injured?

protest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Ok, I take it back. This is the strongest field I have ever seen at the DCM.

protest?

Does he have a reason to protest? Haven't seen him on the roads in Ireland since August. Think it was Wexford I last seen him run.

Does he have a reason to protest? Haven't seen him on the roads in Ireland since August. Think it was Wexford I last seen him run.

I don't know the full story but I heard there was a protest regards his eligibility for the national marathon. I don't know if this is true or false so probably shouldn't be pedalling rumours!

I don't know the full story but I heard there was a protest regards his eligibility for the national marathon. I don't know if this is true or false so probably shouldn't be pedalling rumours!

OK Didnt hear anything like that. I was trying to figure out what Freddy would be protesting about. Pity if this was the case. Did Freddy not compete in the nationals in santry in the summer?

OK Didnt hear anything like that. I was trying to figure out what Freddy would be protesting about. Pity if this was the case. Did Freddy not compete in the nationals in santry in the summer?

He did and got bronze in the steeplechase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Esther's pb is 2:30:50. She comes from the same camp as Geoffrey nDungu.
    Meseret Godana is a future World Champion. Scola Kiptoo is definitely worth a few bob @ 16/1.
    Mens race is wide open. Peter Somba is ridiculous odds @ 33/1. He's a possible winner. Aleksei Sokolov @ 12/1 is also mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Freddy out cause of visa issues & unable to return to country cause of same. Barbara Sanchez out of ladies race cause of her European exertions.

tang1 wrote: »
    Freddy out cause of visa issues & unable to return to country cause of same. Barbara Sanchez out of ladies race cause of her European exertions.

Sergiu Ciobanu, Gary O Hanlon and Bazman for top three in National championship.

Paul Koech Kimutai for the overall win

The Running Spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Without meaning to sound too critical because I am a fan of the Dublin marathon in general, the Facebook page for DCM this year seems to be primarily focusing on "inspirational stories" about various people running the marathon for charity. I have seen very little about the elite end of the race and especially the National championships. This is indicative of athletics in Ireland and to me it's a real shame. I realise they are targeting their biggest audience, the fun-runners, but the National Championship should be a bigger deal than it is.

Advertisement