Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo Sony Stereo Bluetooth

Options
  • 01-10-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

I've just bought an '08 Mondeo TitaniumX with the Sony audio system.
    The trouble is I can't get my phone paired with the bluetooth.
    When I press the phone button on the stereo, it just says "audio muted". No option to enable bluetooth or add a device.
    Don't see any bluetooth options in menu either.
    Does anyone know if there's any kind of additional set-up necessary?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Can you hold the phone button and see if it will bring up another menu or flash up pairing?

Any pictures or model number of the headunit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thelonglad

I've tried long-pressing both the phone and menu buttons but no difference.
    I'll throw up a pic of the head unit this evening.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭creedp

thelonglad wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just bought an '08 Mondeo TitaniumX with the Sony audio system.
    The trouble is I can't get my phone paired with the bluetooth.
    When I press the phone button on the stereo, it just says "audio muted". No option to enable bluetooth or add a device.
    Don't see any bluetooth options in menu either.
    Does anyone know if there's any kind of additional set-up necessary?

Thanks.

I have an 08 smax with same unit that doesn't have bluetooth. Its a UK car and I was told that bluetooth wasn't standard on unit in cars manufactured prior to April 08. It may not be the case with yours ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I've tried long-pressing both the phone and menu buttons but no difference.
    I'll throw up a pic of the head unit this evening.
    Thanks

On my focus with the ford cd6000 radio it has that button too. All it is supposed to do is mute the radio. Ie I have a nokia handsfree kit so when it rings I press that button and talk away through the nokia blutooth kit. All it does is mute the radio.

So going by what your saying ford have the same button on the sony. Is the radio suppose to have bluetooth maybe the sony ones are I don't know but that button won't activate it so unless theres another way.

It's a fairly fancy Sony system with a 6-CD changer and a million buttons. I'm convinced it works and can find no information from Ford that indicates otherwise. I didn't get a manual with the car is my trouble and am working on getting my hands on it.
    There's also a phone section on the convers+ computer screen in where the speedometer and gauges are which convinces me further.
    Of course, I've been wrong before..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

It's a fairly fancy Sony system with a 6-CD changer and a million buttons. I'm convinced it works and can find no information from Ford that indicates otherwise. I didn't get a manual with the car is my trouble and am working on getting my hands on it. Of course, I've been wrong before..!

Is your radio like this one see video
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqBCn71eu8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnMqBCn71eu8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It's a fairly fancy Sony system with a 6-CD changer and a million buttons. I'm convinced it works and can find no information from Ford that indicates otherwise. I didn't get a manual with the car is my trouble and am working on getting my hands on it. Of course, I've been wrong before..!

Sit in the car and search for bluetooth devices on your phone if it has bluetooth it will show up as ford audio.

Choose that and follow the instructions your given through the audio unit.

If that doesnt work pm me the vin number and ill check if it came with bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

It's a fairly fancy Sony system with a 6-CD changer and a million buttons. I'm convinced it works and can find no information from Ford that indicates otherwise. I didn't get a manual with the car is my trouble and am working on getting my hands on it.
    There's also a phone section on the convers+ computer screen in where the speedometer and gauges are which convinces me further.
    Of course, I've been wrong before..!

I had that Sony Unit on a 2010 Ford. But there was no Bluetooth on it. There was a phone button on but it just muted the unit.

Bpmull wrote: »

Yeah, that's the guy!

Sit in the car and search for bluetooth devices on your phone if it has bluetooth it will show up as ford audio.

Choose that and follow the instructions your given through the audio unit.

If that doesnt work pm me the vin number and ill check if it came with bluetooth.

Thanks a million, I'll get back yo you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Make Sure The B T setting In the Menu is Switched to 'ON'

You Can Check here to see if it came with Bluetooth from the Factory,
    Just use your reg or Vin;)http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=2D4D833FCB76522EC5F7E15A6DAD69B1.fcvas512

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In the Titanium model there is a menu interface, you can pair your phone through that, bluetooth should listed under the menu options assuming it is installed.

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    Make Sure The B T setting In the Menu is Switched to 'ON'

You Can Check here to see if it came with Bluetooth from the Factory,
    Just use your reg or Vin;)http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=2D4D833FCB76522EC5F7E15A6DAD69B1.fcvas512

OK so I put the VIN into this (very useful by the way, thanks) and see that the car didn't come with bluetooth. Pretty disappointing.
    Does anyone know if there is an extra wiring loom or anything that can be got to get the phone working with that system rather than a third party kit??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You would need the Bluetooth module I'd imagine which would be very expensive. Not sure if fitting a similar Sony stereo which has Bluetooth would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have a Ghia 08, same stereo & it has a Parrot handsfree kit installed so I presume it didn't have Bluetooth installed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 normeil

Further to previous correspondence - I have '58 ford mondeo titanium and previously I successfully paired my Samsung galaxy w via bluetooth with the sony 6cd changer. Now when I press car button all I get is 'audio muted' whereas before I got 'no active phone' until phone was paired. Also 'phone' no longer appears on the computer menu.

Advertisement