Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chimney cracks

• 20-10-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey I'm in need of help. When we moved into our newly built home last year we quickly noticed that we had a horizobtal crack in our chimney upstairs. We have a stove which we connected directly to the clay flue liner which probably wasnt the best idea. I raked out the crack which occurred along the mortar bed of the block work. I filled the mortar bed with expanding metal repointed the mortar bed and re plastered the wall When we lit the fire the crack immediately reopened. So I bit the bullet and spent a nice bit of money and installed a flexi flue liner. However when I lit the fire after instalation to my horror the crack reopened again. I'm satisfied that there's no danger seen as the flexi flue is connected from the top of the stove right up to the top of the chimney. Ill try attach pictures any help will be appreciated as I'm at my wits end.
    I can't upload pictures for some reason.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Get professional help op, sadly to say we all know people who have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. I know we all want to try and save a few euros but in some cases better leave it to the professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DAZZ83

Get professional help op, sadly to say we all know people who have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. I know we all want to try and save a few euros but in some cases better leave it to the professionals.

Ive already had professionals at it and I will again once I can solve the problem. .I had the flue liner installed professionally and also paid for the plastering. This is why is so frustrating.

Advertisement