Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liverpool should send Suarez on loan to an Irish side for the summer, let him serve his suspension here.

Bohs are a bit toothless up front at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is gutting news and makes the start to next season harder but it's the FA and there isn't any point in appealing.

Also, I've said it before but Rodgers will be judged big time next season and needs to get in the right personal to cope with the situation and improve the squad for when Saurez is back. It's a blow but as the manager, he needs to get it right this summer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

cool, but why would we want another player who's going to be suspended?

Just pointing out that he has a good side and has never been sent off for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

tok9 wrote: »
    This is gutting news and makes the start to next season harder but it's the FA and there isn't any point in appealing.

Also, I've said it before but Rodgers will be judged big time next season and needs to get in the right personal to cope with the situation and improve the squad for when Saurez is back. It's a blow but as the manager, he needs to get it right this summer.

Rodgers already has enough on his mind with defensive and midfield issues.I think he'll prob just stick with Danny up front with Coutinho roaming

This is actually a huge chance for Danny to show the league what he's made of.

Hopefully he won't think he's undroppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wasn't expecting 10 games thought 6-8 . And if it was 6-8 both sides of the argument would have been happy.
    I suppose if he was a dog he'd be put down!!

Eden Hazard kicked the $hit out of a ball boy and only got 3 games.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Dub13 wrote: »

Ha. A guy calling himself Dub13 reckons that was kicking the shít out of someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That didn't happen. Stop telling and spreading lies.

Seriously? Endign the guy's career and admitting it in the Manchester City derby??

EDIT - ah, sry, sarcasm detector not workign again... never mind...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Shane Long is out of contract in 2014, I think he'd be a decent squad addition for Liverpool in the summer and would definitely fit in with the style Rodgers wants to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ah come on now he kicked the ball and the ball boy made a meal of it. I would have done the same if I was Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

slingerz wrote: »
    Shane Long is out of contract in 2014, I think he'd be a decent squad addition for Liverpool in the summer and would definitely fit in with the style Rodgers wants to play

No, no, no, no, no.

We had the same talk about Kevin Doyle 3/4 years ago.

He isn't good enough and Borini has more potential anyway.

Hazard didn't kick half hard enough. That was another example of the FA succumbing to the hysteria of the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

you and your buddy Alan really covering yourselves in glory here, with your Tabloid nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't be daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I don't know what's worse today, the Suarez ban, the posters looking for a reaction or the posters reacting to said posters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

No, no, no, no, no.

We had the same talk about Kevin Doyle 3/4 years ago.

He isn't good enough and Borini has more potential anyway.

You have seen Borini play, right?

The over excitement fans of other clubs have shown to the Suarez ban just proves how much they fear our Luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Anyway, this is covering over the bigger issue.

We need to find a new manager, pronto!

The over excitement fans of other clubs have shown to the Suarez ban just proves how much they fear our Luis.

Yes, fear of a chomping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mr Alan wrote: »

No.

We really don't.

Don't be silly.

• Advertisement

Ah come on.

If Suarez goes there's a fair chance he won't be too far behind him

There are not enough rolleyes for the usual hysterical suspects.

RAWk is usually the place for foaming mouths, indeed it is today however this summed things up well enough
    I love Suarez. The lads a cracking good player, but at the end of the day, he acted the c*nt here. He let himself, his team mates and the club down big time. I mean, there really is no way defend him here. He took an opponents arm and bit it. The intent is as clear as day. You could probably defend a bad tackle on the grounds that he was going for the ball, or defend an elbow to the face on the grounds that he was jumping to head the ball, but there is absolutely zero ground for excuse here. None whatsoever. What he did was terrible. And when you consider that this isn't the first time that he has done this to an opponent then his defense just diminishes even further

Now I'm all for supporting our players through thick and thin. I supported him 100% during the whole Evra saga. But this is different. He really ****ed up this time and there's no way to defend it. We can accuse the FA of corruption all we like. We can debate the 10 game ban and weather or not its severity is warranted until the cows come home. To me they are just asides. The real issue here is that one of our players acted in an inexcusable manner. I wouldn't even bother appealing the ban. In fact, I think it might be more prudent if the staff and management of the club focused on ensuring Suarez never does anything like this again. Like I said, I love Suarez the footballer. But he ****ed up here. And he should be made realize it if you ask me, before he goes letting the club down again any time in the future

And so the nonsense begins....

slingerz wrote: »
    You have seen Borini play, right?

Long is 26 and has only once scored more than 10 goals in a season, and that was in the Championship.

Borini has done that in Serie A, and he is only 22. He has had terrible luck with injuries at Liverpool. He may never settle in, but it's fair to say he's not been given a chance.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Why? He didn't sign him and he has stood by him over this as far as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Violent conduct, 3 game ban. Add one extra game for 'exceptional circumstances' as per the Barton case last May. Double it for previous behavioral incidents. 8 games. Seems fair. 10 is harsh IMO.

Apparently the FA will have to provide written reasons by 6pm tomorrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »

So hypothetically,

Suarez is moved on by the owners, then Brendan is gone. Where does that leave us? Up **** creek with a leaky boat !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Violent conduct, 3 game ban. Add one extra game for 'exceptional circumstances' as per the Barton case last May. Double it for previous behavioral incidents. 8 games. Seems fair. 10 is harsh IMO.

He should have got a 4 to 5 game ban and no more . That 10 game is ridiculous and the FA have shown that once again they are a farce . I would love to know how they came to the conclusion of a 10 game ban .

mike65 wrote: »
    Why? He didn't sign him and he has stood by him over this as far as he can.

Because he's carried the team this season. Replacing his goals and assists would be a very tough task and could well end in another disappointing season therefore costing the manager his job.

Hopefully he doesn't move but it's probably gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sappy404 wrote: »

It it contains the word "probably" I'm giving up what little faith i have left in football.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Take it to the CAS imo. I'm sorry, but 10 games is unacceptable. Time to drag the FA out of their comfort zone.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Take it to the CAS imo. I'm sorry, but 10 games is unacceptable. Time to drag the FA out of their comfort zone.

While I agree 10 games is over the top I am sure the PR guys at the club would not like this move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I agree with you ! Why should they be allowed to hand such a lengthy ban for something that wasn't career threatening .

While I agree 10 games is over the top I am sure the PR guys at the club would not like this move.

I agree, I think the club may talk to Luis and his advisers and say take the hit and move onto the PR offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

fuk it
    we have to stand up for our player getting a ridicolos ban imo
    it should be 5 games at most

**** them. The FA is trying to drive a player out of the league. Would be good craic watching them try to explain their processes in such a setting.

MD1990 wrote: »
    fuk it
    we have to stand up for our player getting a ridicolos ban imo
    it should be 5 games at most

I'm not saying they shouldn't appeal but Suarez is the Panto Villain of the League. He'll want to clean up his image.

I want the club to fight the ban, lets make that clear. I just feel that the PR heads may not want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

**** them. The FA is trying to drive a player out of the league. Would be good craic watching them try to explain their processes in such a setting.

C'mon only Suarez can be blamed for putting himself in this situation in the first place. His previous record has definitely gone against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not to mention our legal guys.

Not a hope of getting a win going down that route, and unless the FA put something really stupid in the written report that will be presented to the club tomorrow, I would imagine the ban is pretty watertight given Suarez admitted guilt straight away(something that in other cases saw the FA knock time off of bans).

It is an excessive ban imo, 4-5 games was what I thought it would be worth if the player in question was not Suarez, but all a formal appeal will bring is an extension to the 10 game ban.

There are probably smarter ways for the club to deal with this, but any ideas that come to my mind are no less stupid than what any other supporter might suggest. Actual I have one really stupid idea in my head, but it would be a massive can of worms if one club tried it, as others may follow suit and create a cluster fcuk situation.:D

murpho999 wrote: »
    C'mon only Suarez can be blamed for putting himself in this situation in the first place. His previous record has definitely gone against him.

The punishment is scandously excessive and would not stand up to objective scrutiny imo. You appeal to the FA, they reject then you drag them into a setting where all their inconsistencies get ripped apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Has it been made public who was on the three man panel? If it hasn't, will it be made public during the report does anyone know?

Opr

I hope they do go to the CAS just to see whose fault it would be when the ban was upheld.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not to mention our legal guys.

Not a hope of getting a win going down that route, and unless the FA put something really stupid in the written report that will be presented to the club tomorrow, I would imagine the ban is pretty watertight given Suarez admitted guilt straight away(something that in other cases saw the FA knock time off of bans).

It is an excessive ban imo, 4-5 games was what I thought it would be worth if the player in question was not Suarez, but all a formal appeal will bring is an extension to the 10 game ban.

There are probably smarter ways for the club to deal with this, but any ideas that come to my mind are no less stupid than what any other supporter might suggest. Actual I have one really stupid idea in my head, but it would be a massive can of worms if one club tried it, as others may follow suit and create a cluster fcuk situation.:D

Withdraw from the league? Don't worry, already thinking about it myself. I'm a little crazy though.

Poor Luis Suarez getting "hounded" by the FA.

Nobody made him racially abuse Evra. Nobody made him BITE a man.

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    Has it been made public who was on the three man panel? If it hasn't, will it be made public during the report does anyone know?

Opr

I hope it was an Ex-Liverpool player who you all hold in high regard, just to see what other kind of conspiracy theories emerge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

It's BR's fault. If we were still in the cups Saurez could serve his ban this year

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Kess73 wrote: »

Ah go on tell us, we could all do with some cheering up :p

They have to present a written break down of their process tomorrow and how they came to the conclusion they did. They do this to cover themselves legally and to make it difficult for any party to have grounds to move against them.

If what is in tomorrow's report is solid, then they will have explained themselves and a legal approach against them would have to be able to prove what was in the report was infringing on the player's rights or downright illegal. Somehow I don't think they will leave that opening, but no doubt the legal heads at the club will be going over that report tomorrow on the off chance there is a loophole in there.

Withdraw from the league? Don't worry, already thinking about it myself. I'm a little crazy though.

Ha no I was going down another route altogether.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement