Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now, beat QPR and 15 point gap please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone playing some kind of drinking game today with 'last seasons game' as part of the forfeit would be clinically dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Raf is a little hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

While I would have been happy to just get 3 points against Everton I hope we ****ing humiliate QPR into planet Jupiter.

7 or more please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The whole extra point for GD point people are making is annoying me. If GD is to count we would need to lose 4 more than city with them winning 4. That would turn around the GD straight away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tactics, formation and application all spot on today.

Well done all round.

Rvp has scored 19 goals this. The same amount as QPR

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

And now BetFred are paying out for us to win the league...
    Fcuk sake.

deano546 wrote: »
    And now BetFred are paying out for us to win the league...
    Fcuk sake.

PP won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

PP won't be far behind.

They already did earlier today :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PP won't be far behind.

They already did this afternoon!

Jesus even I thought Paddy would wait till after Everton game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So now that we've wrapped up the league, thoughts turn to Madrid.

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you? I'd put myself at 4. Really looking forward to it but I have that feeling that our weaknesses will be easily exploited by them if the decide to get their **** together. We haven't come up against a team with this level of individual quality since the Barca finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Can we stop all this giving out about bookmakers paying out on Utd? I can assure you it won't have any impact on the outcome of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

BetFred have done it twice before and both times United have ended up losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

G.K. wrote: »

No causal link whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No causal link whatsoever.

Do you really think anyone believes there is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

how many bookies have you seen get it wrong three straight times though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has anyone actually received any money from PP for United winning the league? I haven't had my bets paid out, both still say pending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If we get this thread to 10,000 posts before any mods cop on will boards explode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nagirrac

Great performance today against a very decent Everton side. The positives for me are the return to form of players who were out of form or injured (Vidic, Valencia, Jones) and the physicality and intensity we are now playing at. It is a huge bonus to have some of the pressure of the EPL revieved, a 12 point lead is huge and our only real competitive threat are playing dogshyte.

Madrid are under huge pressure, Mourinho will be turfed out of they get knocked out of the CL. If we get in their faces it could get very interesting. I think they will struggle against Rooney and RVP and we will get goals against them. Getting to Ronaldo and getting him frustrated is the key, if Ronaldo is off form and sulking Madrid will suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I think we should have won by more than 2 goals, very good performance indeed.
    Great defensive display and we were unlucky not to put away a few more.

I think we can be optimistic now ahead of the Madrid game. A draw would be great in my view, but we have real threat and could even get the win.

12 points is absolutely massive! I'm not surprised bookies are paying out (Well I am from an economic point of view, cashflow and stuff), the league is as good as ours. There's no real challengers and we continue to clean up points. We have a run of easy fixtures now until the city game and I expect by that time the result will have no bearing on the outcome of the league.

No we haven't won it, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm afraid we won't by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I think today was a great performance. We showed fantastic character. We singled out their biggest threats (Baines and Fellaini) and marked them out of the game. It gave a big hint to how he will play against Madrid IMO.

I still don't think we'll beat Madrid over the 2 legs but I'm not overly bothered as I want the league more this year as I think most fans wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I normally try to be very cautious about predicting a success but it's tough not to get very excited about the way things look. United don't play any top half opposition until the derby game in April. City in contrast have to face Chelsea at home and Everton away in the same period. Not the kind of games you want when you need to stay in the hunt.

Looking at both teams fixtures between now and the end of the season there are four games for both that strike me as the likeliest for potential defeats:

United vs City (H) April 6th
    vs Stoke (A) April 13th
    vs Arsenal (A) April 27th
    vs Chelsea (H) May 4th

City vs Chelsea (H) February 24th
    vs Everton (A) March 16th
    vs United (A) April 6th
    vs Spurs (A) April 20th

The good thing from United's perspective is that the most challenging fixtures are from April onwards whereas City have two big games before that which they need just to stay in touch.

One more slip from City and I think their 10% chance goes to 5% or even lower.

My hope is that Fergie prioritises the league and sends out full strength sides in all the league matches. I don't believe United have enough quality to see off Madrid over two legs so I'm not getting my hopes up much for these two matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Today Rafael had one of those games that fans of other teams who don't rate him conveniently seem to miss.

He's a gem of a player, and so much room to grow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

And we are on the 666th page of this thread!!!

The Omens are in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And we are on the 666th page of this thread!!!

The Omens are in!

And I think that's a fitting end to this thread and we'll start a new one! :)

Oh and if you do boards correctly FortuneChip, we're only on page 250! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement