Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Registration Quarter

Options
  • 18-04-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    If someone was born on the 31st March, would they be indexed within Apr - June on familysearch.com? Or in Jan-Mar?
    Trying to find someone where I don't know the mothers maiden name.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Apr-June - there's no way the parents got time to register that day! Even if born in a hospital, during the time when they did the registering, I'd still doubt they got it done that day.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Apr-June - there's no way the parents got time to register that day! Even if born in a hospital, during the time when they did the registering, I'd still doubt they got it done that day.

How likely is it that they did not register the birth until after Apr-June period? Because I'm not getting any obvious hits in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

I think the parent were supposed to register a birth within 3months (or face a fine I think).

But I have found some relatives registered after about 5months and the dates doctored to be within the 3month limit. I know the dates were changed as the baptism date is 2-3 months before the official birth date!!

So I would check the next quarter as well if no hits are forthcoming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its just about possible it was Q1 if they were born in a hospital but I would personally lean completely towards it being Q2 as said above. Q3 is also possible if it was a very long time ago.

What year are we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

L1011 wrote: »
    What year are we talking about here?

We think 1945, but maybe shes a bit older, 1, 2 years at most.
    I'll probably just order up a few certs and see what I find!

• Advertisement
Advertisement