Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Newspaper Archives Free Trial

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

That's great, more power to them. But please be aware:
    "Free Trials may be offered as a promotion, where a Free Trial is offered auto renew will activate a subscription after the trial period has expired. Auto renew can be cancelled at any time from My Account. No refund will be provided where auto renew was not cancelled for any reason whatsoever."
    Once you're aware of that then all's good. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Just when I thought I could get out in the sun along comes another freebie!
    When will it end???:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Anyone else have problems logging in? I keep getting "runtime error" when I try access the Archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Anyone else have problems logging in? I keep getting "runtime error" when I try access the Archives.

Read this and it will explain all:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057388432

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

It's actually run quite well for me this time.
    Still a lot slower than I'd prefer but I've had some good finds which makes up for that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Working grand for me now also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Are y'all aware that Dublin City Council libraries provide ( at no charge to the user :) )

http://dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-dublin-city-public-libraries-and-archive-heritage-and-histor-6 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

Great!......If you live in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Great!......If you live in Dublin

Same in Cork County Library branches. Www.corkcoco.ie\library

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Same in Cork County Library branches. Www.corkcoco.ie\library

Old newspapers are only available in the local studies department of County Hall branch, but they have a vast array of all kinds of useful material other than newspapers.

Not to mention the wonderful resource that is the local studies department of the City Library, Grand Parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Old newspapers are only available in the local studies department of County Hall branch, but they have a vast array of all kinds of useful material other than newspapers.......

So, do Cork not provide the same online access as Dublin ?

Wouldnt that make it a bit of a bind to do searches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

There is a certain amount of data available online such as trade directories and old maps/photos but to see the archived newspapers you need to go to the library and view them in microfiche or online. Irish Newspaper Archives are a much more convenient way to research from home.

Off topic but the Cork Archives are another great source for genealogical information, a lot of it online now, for anyone with Cork ancestry

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

0lddog wrote: »
    So, do Cork not provide the same online access as Dublin ?

Wouldnt that make it a bit of a bind to do searches ?

Yes, Irish News Archive is available at Cork County Library HQ and in all branches.

Advertisement