Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doe question

Options
  • 30-08-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all, i got through the first 4 pages of the doe thread, but couldnt find the answer. I'm kinda short on time.
    I have two questions, hope you dont mind

If i Doe the vehicle before registering it as a camper, will the Doe carry over when it is a camper?

does anyone know how to go about replating a vehicle down to 3.5 tons?

kind regards,
    redd .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Redd4 wrote: »
    Hi all, i got through the first 4 pages of the doe thread, but couldnt find the answer. I'm kinda short on time.
    I have two questions, hope you dont mind

If i Doe the vehicle before registering it as a camper, will the Doe carry over when it is a camper?

does anyone know how to go about replating a vehicle down to 3.5 tons?

kind regards,
    redd .

Hi, I suggest you ring the RSA, 096-25014, and ask for the campervan section.
    With regard to the DOE question my gut feeling is no you would need another one done , afterall, you might be adding windows.

The RSA people in Ballina are very helpful.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

many thanks :) will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Regarding re-plating up or down these http://www.svtech.co.uk/motorhomes.html are the best people to talk to and their certification is recognised by the RSA.

As regards the roadworthiness test as has been said it's best to check this with the RSA

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

cheers Niloc, ive sent them off an email there. I rang the RSA, the guy said hed get back to me on the phone but he never did. When i asked about re-classifying it he said i might have to pay vrt, so i mentioned id be paying vrt on the camper anyway. they looove thyre vrt.

Advertisement