Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome electrical repairs?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I bought a motorhome last week & I'm worried about the electricals in it. Cant find how to light the gas heater (Trueman system) Cant get the fridge working (electrolux 3 way) Any info? Anywhere I can get these things looked at close to Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I dont know anywhere myself but I heard people on here recommend Maynooth motor homes http://www.maynoothmotorhomes.com/contentv3/ they are close to Dublin and might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

The fridges are very sensitive to slopes - is your motorhome parked on any sort of slope at all? Brought my MH home and thought fridge was broken, until I tested on level ground.
    Did you take the ventilation cap off the gas vent on the outside?, that might stop the heating firing.
    I might be off the mark as to the issues you're having, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

mhrq wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a motorhome last week & I'm worried about the electricals in it. Cant find how to light the gas heater (Trueman system) Cant get the fridge working (electrolux 3 way) Any info? Anywhere I can get these things looked at close to Dublin?

I work on all those items. How old is it?? Is the Truma a square unit about 18 inches across, or hidden in a press with a small square switch that has a rotary dial?

Re the fridge , has it 3 switches, red green and orange, it 2 round dials?

Advertisement