Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meath co. co. camper inspection

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Is this the norm in all counties. I live in meath and have been requested by Meath Co. Co. to take my new [second hand ] factory build van
    for inspection before i can get it taxed, Despite the fact that it's been taxed in meath twice already by the previous owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

i wouldnt be get involved i any of that carry on.contact them and find not what its all about .Are they talkin about the Doe

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

i wouldnt be get involved i any of that carry on.contact them and find not what its all about .Are they talkin about the Doe

No doe, it's only two year old. I rang them and was told "It's the rules" no other explanation.
    That's whey i was wondering about counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Since when is it the rules. and where does it say this in "the rules"
    I registered mine for first time last year - was previously locally registered - no issue, paperwork cleared via Shannon and taxed and DoEd by me since with no fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Seems to be a Meath thing as my brother who lives in Meath had to drive to the co co in his factory built camper to tax it, But I live in Dublin and never had to show mine any time I taxed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It happens in various co. councils, have heard back from some of our customers around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

cipro 55 wrote: »
    No doe, it's only two year old. I rang them and was told "It's the rules" no other explanation.
    That's whey i was wondering about counties.

E-mail them, cc a local councilor and ask them what bey law it is under or section of Road traffic act.

OK if you have the time to go in but otherwise they are just causing hassel for you. I'd tax it in Dublin, or Louth.

You might get by if you attach a photo showing the reg and that it's coach built.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Just tax it online with the last six digits of the chassis number as the pin.

It's not possible to tax a camper on line in meath any more.
    I emailed photos to Shannon this morning, keep you posted.

Shannon replied. They did not make this rule, they advise get back onto Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

This looks like a real bit of kite flying by Meath Co. Co..

All the relevant info should be a matter of record on your RF101 (log book in old money)

Is D3 'body type' motor caravan
    Is J2 'motor taxation class' motor caravan

If the answer to both the above is yes, which it should be, then Meath Co. Co. need to explain why the are not accepting the description of the vehicle as set out on an official government document bearing the seal of the Harp plus that of the Revenue Commissioners and the Department of Transport.

Forgive me, but this kind of sh1te really turns my wick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

This is a new branch of Meath Co Council carrying this out known as Meath Evaluation And Description Service or Meath e.a.d.s.

;) Right bunch of meatheads they are too.

Advertisement