Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictive texting on SGS3

Options
  • 29-06-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all
    I have recently bought the samsung galaxy s3 and while i love the phone and would highly reccommend it i havve one major flaw with it and wonder if anyone has any solutions to it.
    How do you save new words in the predictive texting dictionary. THere is no option to input new words and i am getting tired of having to switch off the predictive fom every time i want to put in someones name or plac or general text language. Does anyone have any solutions. I did download a few different keyboards and hated them. Any other way of overcoming this?
    Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Mrs2010 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have recently bought the samsung galaxy s3 and while i love the phone and would highly reccommend it i havve one major flaw with it and wonder if anyone has any solutions to it.
    How do you save new words in the predictive texting dictionary. THere is no option to input new words and i am getting tired of having to switch off the predictive fom every time i want to put in someones name or plac or general text language. Does anyone have any solutions. I did download a few different keyboards and hated them. Any other way of overcoming this?
    Thanks for any replies

Download Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard from the marketplace. I think Samsung Keyboard was always crappy with their prediction. Stock was always my favorite or HTC Keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive moved this thread mobiles -> android
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Download Swiftkey from the play store.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Download Swiftkey from the play store.
    +1 billion. I love Swiftkey's context-sensitive predictions. It makes it very quick to tap out sentences - in about four clicks, I've sometimes been able to write out a full sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

i couldnt get it to add new words either to downloaded some other keyboard off the market and use that instead (gingerbread keyboard or something)

try a few other ones instead. default doesnt seem to save

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I use Swype beta 3 on mine. It's a load better than the one that comes with it. I've tried Swiftkey too but I'm used to Swype after using it for a year so I'm much quicker with that. That's the beauty of Android. If you don't like something there are a load of other options.

One great feature with Swype beta is that when you add words to your custom dictionary it backs the up to Swype so if you install on a new phone it restores your dictionary automatically. Maybe the other ones do that too but I've found it dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BernieO3

Hi all
    Thanks for any replies

Hi just wondering what did u go with in the end? I just got an SG 3 and love it except for the same problem you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BernieO3

Hi all
    Thanks for any replies

Hi just wondering what did u go with in the end? I just got an SG 3 and love it except for the same problem you had.

Advertisement