Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hopefully our injury problems will have cleared up by then so we can name a reserve side! I think Lennon was spotted in B&Q buying a mile of bubble wrap there yesterday! :pac:

As a Christmas present for Scott Brown, I assume ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Some of todays news Gossip:
    Celtic and Neil Lennon recently failed in an attempt to bring former manager Gordon Strachan back to the club as an advisor to the present boss, the deal collapsing because personal terms could not be agreed.
    Newcastle United are poised to snatch Scott Brown for free after the midfielder's talks over a new contract stalled over a free due to his advisers, while Feyenoord and Hamburg are also interested in the Scotland international.
    Rosenborg's Sweden defender Mikael Lustig tops Celtic manager Neil Lennon's list of targets following a signing summit with chief executive Peter Lawwell ahead of the January transfer window.
    Celtic winger Paddy McCourt believes it would be no problem finding a new club in January should he decide he has had enough of sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

celticbest wrote: »
    Some of todays news:

Surely you mean gossip? Might be of help if you post the sources

Surely you mean gossip? Might be of help if you post the sources

See above edit.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Scott Brown his recurring ankle injury wouldnt be much of a loss tbh. The pace of the EPL would surely see it aggravated more.

Anytime I watch Strachan do punditry I'm always impressed by the level of detail he provides. Seems Celtic still want a mentor for him but they dont want to pay the going rates. No surprises there.

• Advertisement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15844449.stm
    Celtic have signed Sweden international right-back Mikael Lustig on a pre-contract agreement.

The 24-year-old defender, who has been with Rosenborg since 2008, will join Celtic in January after signing a three-and-a-half year deal.

Lustig told the Glasgow club's website: "This is a really exciting time for me and I am delighted to be committing my future to Celtic.

"I know a lot about Celtic, about the size of the club."

Never seen him play but I hope he turns out good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15844449.stm

Never seen him play but I hope he turns out good

+1, we badly need to build up our defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

+1, we badly need to build up our defence.

Need to get rid of a few. Wilson, Loovens and Majstorovic to name a few.

Hope this guy does well. Looks promising.

Which Wilson?

Which Wilson?

Mark. He's crocked, best moved on..
    Jury still out on Kelvin.

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Mark. He's crocked, best moved on..
    Jury still out on Kelvin.

The issues with his knees was known for a long time and his training regime and his game time restrictions were well documented before he got his latest contract. It's up at the end of the season, whether he has done enough to activate the 1 year option I dont know.

I think Kelvin Wilson looks solid enough. Our defensive tactics are highly questionable also. Better players in a flawed system will still result in mistakes.

We should bring Jos Hooiveld back and also pay out a few quid & sign Jose Fonte as they seem to be working well as a pair at Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Why are we signing LBs and RBs when we clearly nearly a decent CB?

PomBear wrote: »
    Why are we signing LBs and RBs when we clearly nearly a decent CB?

I dont think this signing gets in the way of signing a proper centre back in january. There was only a small window of opportunity to sign this guy and they jumped on it. Long term, this most likely guarantees that Mark Wilson will not have his contract renewed. Short term, he can play centre back if its needed.

I dont know much about Andre Blackman either but El Kaddouri is only here until January. We've probably sorted out another squad depth issue before it actually comes into effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Game been streamed online tonight from 7 45pm,link; www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/93796/1/watch-celtic-vs-dunfermline.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2-0 up after 20 mins, Hooper and Forrest. Both goals from Dunfermline mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Down to 7 points barring a disaster :).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

henke wrote: »

Celtic keep this up and there could be a 7 in the scoreline as well! All over them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

No real surprise this I expect at least 4 or 5 :(

No real surprise this I expect at least 4 or 5 :(
    It would be nice alright ;).

• Advertisement

Once there are no injuries, 2 nil will do me.

henke wrote: »

Could be down to 4 before they play next if we win against St. Mirren on Saturday.

Once there are no injuries, 2 nil will do me.

McCourt on for Commons for start of 2nd half, hope that's not one of your injuries. :( Happy for Paddy to see 45 mins though.

PauloMN wrote: »
    McCourt on for Commons for start of 2nd half, hope that's not one of your injuries. :( Happy for Paddy to see 45 mins though.

Commons is still not 100% fit, I'd say Lennon's is using his head and just easing him back to full fitness.

2-1, 4 mins left we better not let this slip now!

Game over, 2-1, PHEW!!

Should have been done and dusted before they scored though.....

Only got to see the last 4 minutes and Celtic looked bad, incapable of retaining possession, nobody showing for a simple pass. Its quite unbelievable to see Celtic doing a throw in into a corner flag to kill the clock against a team like Dunfermline at Celtic Park! A sign of a lack of confidence in their own ability to play a possession game for a few minutes.

3 points I suppose but they wont win titles playing like that.

Only got to see the last 4 minutes and Celtic looked bad, incapable of retaining possession, nobody showing for a simple pass. Its quite unbelievable to see Celtic doing a throw in into a corner flag to kill the clock against a team like Dunfermline at Celtic Park! A sign of a lack of confidence in their own ability to play a possession game for a few minutes.

For 65 mins they didn't get a look in, then we seemed to take our foot of the gas and slowly let them back into it.

We have to learn how to finish out a game, but its looking more positive than afew weeks ago.....

Disappointed not to get the clean sheet but the result is the most important thing. 3 points needed on Saturday now.

• Advertisement

Happy with the result and the performance for the first hour. It was a minor miracle how it stayed at two.

Celtic played brilliantly for three quarters of the game and probably should have been up 4 or 5-0 by the time Dunfermline got that late goal that made the end a bit nerve racking. Still getting the 3 points was the most Important thing last night.

St Mirren on Saturday at home is another must win game for the bhoys. This game will be a lot harder than some people think,St Mirren are 1 of the few clubs this season to take points off rangers in ibrox and won't be short on confidence that they can achieve the same thing at Celtic Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

I came in here to see if anyone was commenting on Lennon having a go at the fans and read the above.

How you can back up all ur points in a 4 minute viewing. You missed atleast 86 minutes of the game. Most clever teams with a one goal advantage play for the corner in the remaining minutes, would u be happy for them to be disposessed in the middle of the park and concede.

For 86 minutes Celtic dominated just one of those nights meant they couldnt get more but that can happen to any teams, it's more a problem If ur not creating chances.

I know Lennon's not everyone's fav but i believe he can grow into a great manager if let be at Celtic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Lennon is an idiot and needs sacked. Second rate manager with an attitude towards fans who shout. It's what happens at football you idiot, deal with it or feck off.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Celtic played brilliantly for three quarters of the game and probably should have been up 4 or 5-0

Try 7-0:D

Loved the GB banners when they were singing the Celtic Symphony. It was a recreation of a scene from Father Ted. "Careful Now". "Down with this sorta thing".

Class. Humour the others across the city just don't do.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Celtic played brilliantly for three quarters of the game and probably should have been up 4 or 5-0

Try 7-0:D

Loved the GB banners when they were singing the Celtic Symphony. It was a recreation of a scene from Father Ted. "Careful Now". "Down with this sorta thing".

Class. Humour the others across the city just don't do.
    Ah your loving all the banners but still have to bring us into it and actually what you say is balls I have seen many great banners at Ibrox and I have seen seen some crackers at Parkhead

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »

How you can back up all ur points in a 4 minute viewing. You missed atleast 86 minutes of the game.

:D

Ah your loving all the banners but still have to bring us into it and actually what you say is balls I have seen many great banners at Ibrox and I have seen seen some crackers at Parkhead

tbh none stand out for me but maybe i've selective memory. Not trying to point score but what good banners have ye had lately?

Soups123 wrote: »
    I came in here to see if anyone was commenting on Lennon having a go at the fans and read the above.

How you can back up all ur points in a 4 minute viewing. You missed atleast 86 minutes of the game. Most clever teams with a one goal advantage play for the corner in the remaining minutes, would u be happy for them to be disposessed in the middle of the park and concede.

For 86 minutes Celtic dominated just one of those nights meant they couldnt get more but that can happen to any teams, it's more a problem If ur not creating chances.

I know Lennon's not everyone's fav but i believe he can grow into a great manager if let be at Celtic

I commented on what I saw in those 4 minutes, nothing else and I stand by what I said.

Celtic at home, playing for the corner flag against Dunfermline is a sign of a lack of confidence or have you forgotten that Celtic play possession based football?

Celtic lacked composure in front of goal when they dominated, conceded and lost their nerve when the other team showed abit of fight. They wont win titles playing like that or with that sort of mentality.

tbh none stand out for me but maybe i've selective memory. Not trying to point score but what good banners have ye had lately?

To be fair not that many in the last six months or so but that's not really what I was getting at I know the guys that do ours have a sense of humour and have shown it as have the GB as much asI have no time for them I won't say they don't have a sense of humour
    Also if I was commenting in the Rangers thread about TBO banners not feel the nessisity of bringing Celtic in to it ;)

Oh as for the game I was really surprised you didn't take your chances and bury them it meant that last few minutes were nervy when it shouldn't have been also NL should rise above what certain"Fans" were shouting at him last night

I commented on what I saw in those 4 minutes, nothing else and I stand by what I said.

Celtic at home, playing for the corner flag against Dunfermline is a sign of a lack of confidence or have you forgotten that Celtic play possession based football?

Celtic lacked composure in front of goal when they dominated, conceded and lost their nerve when the other team showed abit of fight. They wont win titles playing like that or with that sort of mentality.

I agree, the end was embarassing mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I agree, the end was embarassing mate.

Not as embarrassing as it would have been if Celtic had tried to play fancy football and got caught again.

3 points is all that matters in every game now

RoryMac wrote: »
    Not as embarrassing as it would have been if Celtic had tried to play fancy football and got caught again.

I know but he's right we missed a lot of chances so that sort of finish is pretty poor and sad to see. But yeah three points we're all happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

True, 3 points is the most important thing, improvment in end product needed. How many times do you see Celtic out-play the opposition and still nearly lose/draw..

RoryMac wrote: »

I dont consider passing the ball around as 'fancy football', especially with the gulf in the class between the two sides, the size and quality of the pitch. We didnt need to play territory football but we dont have the confidence to play to our potential because of the fear of 'getting caught again' as you say.

Lennon needs to tackle that 'fear' on the training ground. This has me thinking, most of the problems I've seen with Lennon's Celtic over the last 18 months is tactical/mind set. Getting Strachan back into the management team would have definitely seen us become stronger at that aspect of the game, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I dont consider passing the ball around as 'fancy football', especially with the gulf in the class between the two sides, the size and quality of the pitch. We didnt need to play territory football but we dont have the confidence to play to our potential because of the fear of 'getting caught again' as you say.

Lennon needs to tackle that 'fear' on the training ground. This has me thinking, most of the problems I've seen with Lennon's Celtic over the last 18 months is tactical/mind set. Getting Strachan back into the management team would have definitely seen us become stronger at that aspect of the game, imo

I know what you mean Dempsey but from what i saw of the game we should have cruised to a 4 or 5 goal win, i don't blame the players or manager for getting nervous when Dunfermline got back into the game and thinking it might be 'one of those days'.

I agree it is something that Lennon needs to tackle with the players but like ourselves the players are aware of how important it is to get the points on the board to try and put pressure on Rangers so i'd happily draw a line under it and look towards the next game with 3 points in the bag.

I'd be happy to see Strachan back to help out, I always liked the guy and looking back on the relationship between him and Lennon it seems the 2 enjoyed working with eachother.

[QUOTE=Dempsey;75641184
    [/QUOTE]

I've no problem with us playing out the end of any game when there is only a goal in it. It doesn't matter if it was Dunfermline, it's the professional thing to do, play it out and take the three points.
    It would have been worse if we were flooding forward leaving gaps at the back.
    3 points, job done and concentrate on St.Mirren Saturday.

Celtic were playing keep ball at the end of last night's game but I agree it's all about results now,too many times in the past have we dominated games and ended up drawing or losing. Ki missed a penalty and Stokes hit the post and when Dunfermline got that late goal players were thinking is it going to be 1 of those nights!

Watching the game last night It was quite noticeable the small crowd that was there and only for the GB the atmosphere would have been non existent!

Surprised by his laissez-faire attitude to missed chances tbh but did fans boo the players off the field or something? I didnt have sound to my stream last night.

Surprised by his laissez-faire attitude to missed chances tbh but did fans boo the players off the field or something? I didnt have sound to my stream last night.
    I didn't hear any fans booing at the end of the game on my stream. Seemingly It was a small group of supporters that voiced their unhappiness. Really Lennon should have just walked away and not responded to their disapproval. And he was on about it again today at a press conference when really he should forget about it.

According to this article newly signed defender Lustig turned down bigger wages at Fulham to go to Celtic. I'm often giving out about footballers been a greedy bunch but it's nice to see a footballer choosing a club for his liking rather than the pay packet,link; www.clubcall.com/fulham/lustig-lifts-lid-on-cottage-snub-1341025.html?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement